Windows 10: Security Glitch

Discus and support Security Glitch in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What does the file software_reporter_tool.exe do for me??... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by T. ScottAtkinson, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Security Glitch

What does the file software_reporter_tool.exe do for me??

:)

T. ScottAtkinson, Jul 4, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 4, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Security Glitch

Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Security Glitch

1. Security Glitch - Similar Threads - Security Glitch

2. security - virus & threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security - virus & threat protection: My computer is showing virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. We are a small office and each computer should only have Windows Defender running. We also had Malwarebytes. I deleted Malwarebytes but now I cannot run Defender. I don't see any other...
  3. all my security cams

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all my security cams: After the latest update, i.e., last week i guess the webcam stopped working also all my security cams stopped displaying the video but recorded ok. I tried all the troubleshooting options but to no effect and also under the device manager there is no imaging devices...
  4. One Drive no secure perio

One Drive no secure perio: I want to know who gave Microsoft the authority to steal data from users of one drive or a supposedly secure, cloud based data storage system, without asking WE THE USERS of one drive if they wanted some or all of their date uploaded into an insecure cloud based system....
  5. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: This is now the 3rd time that I have been unable to update Windows Security!! I get a message saying YOUR VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECCTION IS MANAGED BY YOUR ORGANISATION. Please help as this is becoming really annoying....
  6. Win 10 Timeline Security Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Timeline Security Issue: Hi, I am concerned that there is a security issue with Timeline as implemented in Win 10 1803, Local users without admin rights can see timeline activities of Main Admin Account. The scenario goes like this.. Main PC admin account, associated with Microsoft Account (L:...
  7. ESET SECURITY

ESET SECURITY: I am trying out ESET security based on a recomedation I received in the Community. I love it and considering purchasing it but not until my free trial is almost out - that way I get an extra month. They are already showing me -"only 29 days left purchase now". My question...
  8. security essentials wont install error 70643

security essentials wont install error 70643: Please will you suggest how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-wont-install-error-70643/ab0c4679-3161-4a5d-8d3f-1a6f2476222d
  9. How to uninstall Secured Yahoo Powered ?

How to uninstall Secured Yahoo Powered ?: Have tried a lot to remove this PUP. Used malwarebytes also but nothing changed. Its not getting unistalled. Have read that it's in the registry. Please help....
  10. Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch: I sent the following to :https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ " I cannot complete the mandatory security settings update required for the Creator update. That is because I am visually impaired and operate my computer monitor in portrait setting and Windows 10...