Windows 10: Security hardening

Discus and support Security hardening in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day community, I wanna your kind assistance about security hardening. My goal is like that: 1. to encrypt all (hole) drive C and D. 2. install VM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ulysses, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Ulysses Win User

Security hardening

Good day community,

I wanna your kind assistance about security hardening.
    My goal is like that: 1. to encrypt all (hole) drive C and D. 2. install VM ware 16 and use it for other jobs. or for personal purposes.
    3. on main OS want to use Tor browser. chrome and Mozila got RAM hungers.

Whats your recommendations right ways to be more secure and make system more harden? is recommended to encrypt C and D drive?

Any suggestions would be helpful for me.

Thanks.

:)

Ulysses, Feb 23, 2021
  2. ozzyrocks Win User

Windows 10 Pro Update Error after hardening

Hi,

I have a new installation of Windows 10 Pro and after a few days of use, I am getting this error on Windows Update:

"There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070426)"

The background is as follows:

I have a new Dell XPS 13 laptop. It came with Windows 10 Home, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro because I need to use it for business and need the extra encryption and other features that Home does not provide. I have implemented security hardening on
    the Windows 10 Pro installation following the process documented here: Harden Windows 10 for Security. How to secure Windows 10.

After completion of the hardening steps (first time round), the above error appeared. I assumed that it was due to my hardening steps, so I tried all sorts of fixes and tweaks to repair it, until I finally restored back to a previous restore point from 2
    days earlier. After the restore, the windows updates were functioning. I then repeated the hardening steps, while testing Windows Update after each major step in the process. Windows Update continued to work fine through the hardening and even worked fine
    after I completed the hardening (the second time). This was yesterday evening when I ended work for the day. Now, this morning (the next day), when I started up my Windows 10 Pro, it is giving the above error once again under Windows Update.

I am not sure whether this is an issue caused by the hardening, or just a temporary issue that will resolve itself. Can somebody please assist and shed some light on the situation.

ozzyrocks, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Hardening Guide

I looked around a bit, and cannot seem to find any guide to harden Windows 10. All I'm looking for is a generic Microsoft hardening guide, I'm really just assuming that one exists at this point. Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance.

AndrewEdenbo, Feb 23, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Security hardening

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Security hardening

1. Security hardening - Similar Threads - Security hardening

2. How do I disable Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Windows Security?: That image is all the shows up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-security/b7258e24-e9d0-49ff-8ab9-b18f5685aaee
  3. How do I disable Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Windows Security?: That image is all the shows up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-security/b7258e24-e9d0-49ff-8ab9-b18f5685aaee
  4. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  5. DCOM security hardening changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM security hardening changes: Hi,Looking at the recently adjusted Microsoft KB article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5004442-manage-changes-for-windows-dcom-server-security-feature-bypass-cve-2021-26414-f1400b52-c141-43d2-941e-37ed901c769c DCOM client-side patch on November 8, 2022, it...
  6. DCOM security hardening changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM security hardening changes: Hi,Looking at the recently adjusted Microsoft KB article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5004442-manage-changes-for-windows-dcom-server-security-feature-bypass-cve-2021-26414-f1400b52-c141-43d2-941e-37ed901c769c DCOM client-side patch on November 8, 2022, it...
  7. DCOM security hardening changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10: 0x80073CF6 error, Security Hardened machine / hardened User Profile folder [solved]

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10: 0x80073CF6 error, Security Hardened machine / hardened User Profile folder [solved]: I've seen a lot of similar threads with recommendations to try repairs to the windows store and windows update, but since none of the other threads solved my problem I thought I would post this in case it helps anyone else. We were experiencing a problem installing some...
  9. Win10 hardening GPO support for secure desktops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 hardening GPO support for secure desktops: Hello all, long time lurker first time poster on the forums, hopefully this is the correct place to post this. Working on some hardening settings for Win10 desktop machines in a SCIF environment for a client, there's 2 settings I've been wrestling with and haven't found a...
  10. Win10 hardening GPO support for secure desktops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 hardening GPO support for secure desktops: Hello all, long time lurker first time poster on the forums, hopefully this is the correct place to post this. Working on some hardening settings for Win10 desktop machines in a SCIF environment for a client, there's 2 settings I've been wrestling with and haven't found a...