Windows 10: Security help

Discus and support Security help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can I remotely lock the hard drive or sensitive files of my samsung slate tablet/pc? It’s more or less stolen. I just don’t want to wipe it because I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorginaMiller, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Security help

Can I remotely lock the hard drive or sensitive files of my samsung slate tablet/pc? It’s more or less stolen. I just don’t want to wipe it because I will probably have it back tomorrow morning. I’m just trying to protect myself. I have documents and photos that I don’t want to end up in the wrong hands. I currently have windows 10 operating system. I have access to my microsoft account. The device has not been powered on or conected to the internet since 10/31/18. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

GeorginaMiller, Nov 5, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 5, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Nov 5, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

Security help

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Security help

1. Security help - Similar Threads - Security help

2. Somone is in my account. Please help secure me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somone is in my account. Please help secure me.: Someone is in my account. Can you help me secure it? They signed in on 11/19/2024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somone-is-in-my-account-please-help-secure-me/c2a62aa0-63b2-4265-aeba-92cbbffc3955
  3. Somone is in my account. Please help secure me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Somone is in my account. Please help secure me.: Someone is in my account. Can you help me secure it? They signed in on 11/19/2024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somone-is-in-my-account-please-help-secure-me/c2a62aa0-63b2-4265-aeba-92cbbffc3955
  4. Help error code for 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help error code for 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...: I've already seen threads about this error but they were from January and it seems as if this issue has been solved for some people. This update no matter how hard I try will not install. I keep getting the error code and it just stays stuck at 0% before giving me the error....
  5. Help error code for 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...

Help error code for 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...: I've already seen threads about this error but they were from January and it seems as if this issue has been solved for some people. This update no matter how hard I try will not install. I keep getting the error code and it just stays stuck at 0% before giving me the error....
  6. Help error code for 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Security Notification issue. PLEASE HELP !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Notification issue. PLEASE HELP !!!: I have clicked on the Icon and brings up Windows Security but then that window says nothings wrong.I then right click on this icon in my taskbar to go to view notification options which brings me to this windowI then click on "Get account protection notifications" then close...
  8. Windows Security Notification issue. PLEASE HELP !!!

Windows Security Notification issue. PLEASE HELP !!!: I have clicked on the Icon and brings up Windows Security but then that window says nothings wrong.I then right click on this icon in my taskbar to go to view notification options which brings me to this windowI then click on "Get account protection notifications" then close...
  9. “%1!s! Has disabled windows security, contact IT help desk.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “%1!s! Has disabled windows security, contact IT help desk.”: I recently wiped this computer, because of some issues with storage, and viruses i guess. I reinstalled windows, using a usb. I was scrolling through my windows in general and i saw that message, so just got a bit concerned in general. Was wondering if anyone else had a...
  10. “%1!s! Has disabled windows security, contact IT help desk.”

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    “%1!s! Has disabled windows security, contact IT help desk.”: I recently wiped this computer, because of some issues with storage, and viruses i guess. I reinstalled windows, using a usb. I was scrolling through my windows in general and i saw that message, so just got a bit concerned in general. Was wondering if anyone else had a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung computer error secure boot violation invalid signature detected