Windows 10: security icon, actions recommended

Discus and support security icon, actions recommended in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; since i 1st updated my new laptop 3 weeks ago i have seen a "!" on my security icon and it says actions recommended. when i open the security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndrewGray2, Feb 18, 2019.

1. security icon, actions recommended

since i 1st updated my new laptop 3 weeks ago i have seen a "!" on my security icon and it says actions recommended.

when i open the security dashboard all icons virus protect, account, firewall/netwok, app browser control, device security and performance and health are all showing a green tick, all but family options so im assuming that is the issue.

is there a way of removing the recommended action notification as i have started to ignore it which would be a shame for me to ignore a real security issue... i dont have a family so i cant change anything there

:)

AndrewGray2, Feb 18, 2019

2. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?

MarcMcgeachie, Feb 18, 2019
  3. lcsant Win User
    Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

hi All,

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing
    to worry about regarding security.

Any help to identify the issue appreciated, or if someone confirms it's a bug then happy to ignore it till its fixed.

lcsant, Feb 18, 2019
  4. security icon, actions recommended

Security Centre

Hi Philip,

If you'd like to disable the "Actions recommended" notification, we suggest that you try the these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager and go to the Startup
      tab.
    • Locate Windows Defender notification icon and disable it.
    • Once you are done, restart your PC check if the notification will still appear.
    Feel free to post back for the end result.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

security icon, actions recommended

1. security icon, actions recommended - Similar Threads - security icon actions

2. windows 11 security actions recommended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 security actions recommended: it's microsoft sending updates that causes chaos on the internet ?????Any ideas why its still showing as yellow alert under bar icons????HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotifyDelete the ‘Icon Streams’ and ‘Past...
  3. windows 11 security actions recommended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 security actions recommended: it's microsoft sending updates that causes chaos on the internet ?????Any ideas why its still showing as yellow alert under bar icons????HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotifyDelete the ‘Icon Streams’ and ‘Past...
  4. Yellow icon showing action recommended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow icon showing action recommended: I have an issue in my PC. I clicked the yellow alert icon saying action recommended. It run quick scan but it already running like forever and won't stop . What do I need to do?...
  5. Yellow icon showing action recommended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yellow icon showing action recommended: I have an issue in my PC. I clicked the yellow alert icon saying action recommended. It run quick scan but it already running like forever and won't stop . What do I need to do?...
  6. Yellow icon showing action recommended

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Security - Actions recommended

Windows Security - Actions recommended: I have a new computer and just went through the set up. Windows 11. My shield icon in the bottom right has a yellow triangle w/ a !. When I hover over it, it says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I've been all over settings>windows security. I see nothing that needs...
  8. Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed

Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed: So I just noticed that there is a yellow error on the Windows Security Tray and it says "Action Recommended" but when I open the windows security app there is no action needed. I need help.Currently Using Windows 11 21H2 22000.856...
  9. Widows Security - Actions Recommended in the taskbar will not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows Security - Actions Recommended in the taskbar will not open.: In the taskbar, there is a windows security icon displayed with an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle. Clicking on the icon does nothing. Right-mouse clicking on the icon does nothing. I can't find out what this means.Also, when I type in Windows Security in the start...
  10. windows security-action recommended

windows security-action recommended: why does my windows security inform at least once or twice a week-action recommend. i respond by trying to do a short scan but the recommendation remain the same help...