Windows 10: security icon, actions recommended

Discus and support security icon, actions recommended in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; since i 1st updated my new laptop 3 weeks ago i have seen a "!" on my security icon and it says actions recommended. when i open the security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndrewGray2, Feb 18, 2019.

1. security icon, actions recommended

since i 1st updated my new laptop 3 weeks ago i have seen a "!" on my security icon and it says actions recommended.

when i open the security dashboard all icons virus protect, account, firewall/netwok, app browser control, device security and performance and health are all showing a green tick, all but family options so im assuming that is the issue.

is there a way of removing the recommended action notification as i have started to ignore it which would be a shame for me to ignore a real security issue... i dont have a family so i cant change anything there

:)

AndrewGray2, Feb 18, 2019

2. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?

MarcMcgeachie, Feb 18, 2019
  3. lcsant Win User
    Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

hi All,

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing
    to worry about regarding security.

Any help to identify the issue appreciated, or if someone confirms it's a bug then happy to ignore it till its fixed.

lcsant, Feb 18, 2019
  4. security icon, actions recommended

Security Centre

Hi Philip,

If you'd like to disable the "Actions recommended" notification, we suggest that you try the these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager and go to the Startup
      tab.
    • Locate Windows Defender notification icon and disable it.
    • Once you are done, restart your PC check if the notification will still appear.
    Feel free to post back for the end result.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

security icon, actions recommended

1. security icon, actions recommended - Similar Threads - security icon actions

2. windows security-action recommended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security-action recommended: why does my windows security inform at least once or twice a week-action recommend. i respond by trying to do a short scan but the recommendation remain the same help...
  3. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: The Windows Security icon in the system tray shows the yellow exclamation mark for Action Recommended, but when I click on the icon and open Windows Security settings, there is nothing flagged for recommendations. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have full Norton 360 installed....
  4. "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?

"Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?: I think I may have a minor virus on my computer, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and started a free trial. Malwarebytes isn't detecting the virus I am confident I have, but that's its own problem I think I can figure out on my own. Right now, I'm confused by the fact that I'm...
  5. re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action

re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action: What type of lawsuit would be the proper way to correct this issue with my PC? Antitrust or fraud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-microsoft-advertising-onedrive-in-the-system/4e56e3d2-c3ab-412c-8e90-6d410424a992
  6. "Actions recommended" but nothing shows up?

"Actions recommended" but nothing shows up?: Essentially what the screenshots show. Idunno what I'm missing [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/actions-recommended-but-nothing-shows-up/fcfd9ea1-9ada-4937-a14b-b8d3c0569d64"
  7. Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard

Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard: Hi, My laptop is displaying the Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon, but when I open the dashboard, I cannot find anything to resolve. I also have Avast installed. Best...
  8. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: hi All, Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing to worry...
  9. Action Recommended message

Action Recommended message: The Windows Security has been displaying actions recommended for about a week but there is no area behind the tab that has an action needed How do I get rid of the message or locate what is causing it?...
  10. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

Windows Defender, Actions recommended: For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?...