Windows 10: security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64

Discus and support security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello -- As part of troubleshooting BSOD, there is recommended procedure to post memory mini-dump and sysinfo information. Reference PROCEDURE HERE.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gadsblah, May 2, 2020.

1. gadsblah Win User

security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64

Hello -- As part of troubleshooting BSOD, there is recommended procedure to post memory mini-dump and sysinfo information.

Reference PROCEDURE HERE.

What are the security implications, if any, of doing this for community/public view?

I understand in the PAST win XP, Win7, etc that posting such files could include administrative system passwords?

Could a mini-dump include passwords used by Chrome Browser extension like Lastpass, etc?

thanks in adv. -GA

:)

gadsblah, May 2, 2020
  2. gadsblah Win User

reboot with bugcheck .. minidump/sysinfo attached

win10 x65 1909 (18363.720) rebooted in middle of night (3:17am).

Note the machine should have been in SLEEP mode. unsure why it was awake in first place.

per BSOD article below, I collected both mini-dump and full dump, sysinfo, etc.

I have posted mini-dump and sysinfo to following:

Win10 crash.zip

System is home Desktop used for business.

UEFI

never overclocked

no recent hardware changes (has not changed since video card upgrade more than year ago).

last software update was Win10 update and new version of Acronis True Image (in the last week).

Cylance Protect endpoint

Lot's of software installed for business and personal use.

reference
    bugcheck howto

security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64 2c06a3cf-9e4d-43e7-9094-87e8a1c309cc?upload=true.jpg

gadsblah, May 2, 2020
  3. Understand the BSOD mini dump errors

On Sept 10th I experienced very bad failures (BSOD) which cycled up to 10 times and finally I gave up and did a system reset (clean install with a delete on all software but keeps all the files safe).

After that the same day, I tried again after the clean install and still there were 2 BSOD and I gave up entirely.

Since then I haven't touched my PC and decided to give it one more try. This time everything seems OK so far. I have analyzed the mini dump files to trace back what caused the problem.

These are my findings so far:

these are the images

Here is another one from another dump file:

All the dump files upto this date is located here

UPDATE Sunday 09-17: BSOD again today ! The mini-dump analysis doesn't make any sense to the previous two! This latest dump file is located here

Since then, I have been going back and forth with every installed software drivers, to make sure they are up to date. I however tried to do a firmware upgrade on my SSD containing the OS. But that gave me an IDE/AHCI incompatibility error which I believe is for another post here.

EDIT: ALL DUMP FILES HERE

However I would greatly appreciate it if any one could give me further insights into this analysis. I would like to find the root cause of the problem and resolve it.

abhilash sukumari, May 2, 2020
  4. security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64

BSOD Windows 10 Issues - Mini-Dump Attached

Hello, I've been getting BSOD since I updated some drivers. I'm not sure which driver though or if its really a driver problem or not.

Here is a link to my mini-dump:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5a3goqf7bcvbean/Mini-Dump.zip/file

I put all four mini dumps in there, latest one is from this morning and the others are from last night.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

FlowerOfLife, May 2, 2020
Thema:

security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64

1. security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64 - Similar Threads - security implications posting

2. Help with mini dumps and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with mini dumps and BSOD: Hi, I wondered if someone can look at my mini dumps here, and let me know what they pick up from them. I don't understand them myself.Since a windows update a few months ago I have been getting BSOD's. I have taken a lot of troubleshooting steps so far - these can be seen in...
  3. BSOD with mini dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with mini dump file: Hey there. I'm having issues with BSOD happening quite a bit. I was able to get a mini dump file. Could someone help me translate the errors please? Thank you in advance.Here is a link to my mini dump file:...
  4. BSOD with mini dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with mini dump file: iam having a lot of bsod latelyhere is my minidump filei run sfc /scannowbut no corrupted files were foundhere is my dump file================================================== Filename : ntoskrnl.exe Address In Stack : ntoskrnl.exe+9b7abb From Address : fffff807`7a000000 To...
  5. BSOD with mini dump file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with mini dump file: iam having a lot of bsod latelyhere is my minidump filei run sfc /scannowbut no corrupted files were foundhere is my dump file================================================== Filename : ntoskrnl.exe Address In Stack : ntoskrnl.exe+9b7abb From Address : fffff807`7a000000 To...
  6. BSOD mini dump hidusb

BSOD mini dump hidusb: Hi, can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this error? For analysis of this file, run !analyze -vnt!KeBugCheckEx:fffff805`2bff90f0 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:fffff805`31883c90=00000000000001330: kd> !analyze...
  7. BSOD - sysinfo and mini dumps attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - sysinfo and mini dumps attached: Can't figure out what changed but now getting daily crashes. No program installs or windows updates correspond. But now getting daily crashes. Updated display adapter drivers. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At40rFpCbPGuhZpCipYH2XaQmyio3Q?e=3NOVBQThanks for any help!Josh...
  8. BSOD - sysinfo and mini dumps attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - sysinfo and mini dumps attached: Can't figure out what changed but now getting daily crashes. No program installs or windows updates correspond. But now getting daily crashes. Updated display adapter drivers. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At40rFpCbPGuhZpCipYH2XaQmyio3Q?e=3NOVBQThanks for any help!Josh...
  9. BSOD - sysinfo and mini dumps attached

10. mini dump and bsod

in Windows 10 Customization
    mini dump and bsod: Why am i not getting one minidump ! at system failure i have checked Write an event to the system log and Automatically restart. write debugging information Small memory dump 256 KB Small dump directory %SystemRoot%\MiniDump but still i am not getting one and I'm fricking...