Windows 10: security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64

Discus and support security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello -- As part of troubleshooting BSOD, there is recommended procedure to post memory mini-dump and sysinfo information. Reference PROCEDURE HERE.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gadsblah, May 2, 2020.

1. gadsblah Win User

security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64

Hello -- As part of troubleshooting BSOD, there is recommended procedure to post memory mini-dump and sysinfo information.

Reference PROCEDURE HERE.

What are the security implications, if any, of doing this for community/public view?

I understand in the PAST win XP, Win7, etc that posting such files could include administrative system passwords?

Could a mini-dump include passwords used by Chrome Browser extension like Lastpass, etc?

thanks in adv. -GA

:)

gadsblah, May 2, 2020
  2. gadsblah Win User

reboot with bugcheck .. minidump/sysinfo attached

win10 x65 1909 (18363.720) rebooted in middle of night (3:17am).

Note the machine should have been in SLEEP mode. unsure why it was awake in first place.

per BSOD article below, I collected both mini-dump and full dump, sysinfo, etc.

I have posted mini-dump and sysinfo to following:

Win10 crash.zip

System is home Desktop used for business.

UEFI

never overclocked

no recent hardware changes (has not changed since video card upgrade more than year ago).

last software update was Win10 update and new version of Acronis True Image (in the last week).

Cylance Protect endpoint

Lot's of software installed for business and personal use.

reference
    bugcheck howto

security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64 2c06a3cf-9e4d-43e7-9094-87e8a1c309cc?upload=true.jpg

gadsblah, May 2, 2020
  3. Understand the BSOD mini dump errors

On Sept 10th I experienced very bad failures (BSOD) which cycled up to 10 times and finally I gave up and did a system reset (clean install with a delete on all software but keeps all the files safe).

After that the same day, I tried again after the clean install and still there were 2 BSOD and I gave up entirely.

Since then I haven't touched my PC and decided to give it one more try. This time everything seems OK so far. I have analyzed the mini dump files to trace back what caused the problem.

These are my findings so far:

these are the images

Here is another one from another dump file:

All the dump files upto this date is located here

UPDATE Sunday 09-17: BSOD again today ! The mini-dump analysis doesn't make any sense to the previous two! This latest dump file is located here

Since then, I have been going back and forth with every installed software drivers, to make sure they are up to date. I however tried to do a firmware upgrade on my SSD containing the OS. But that gave me an IDE/AHCI incompatibility error which I believe is for another post here.

EDIT: ALL DUMP FILES HERE

However I would greatly appreciate it if any one could give me further insights into this analysis. I would like to find the root cause of the problem and resolve it.

abhilash sukumari, May 2, 2020
  4. security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64

BSOD Windows 10 Issues - Mini-Dump Attached

Hello, I've been getting BSOD since I updated some drivers. I'm not sure which driver though or if its really a driver problem or not.

Here is a link to my mini-dump:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5a3goqf7bcvbean/Mini-Dump.zip/file

I put all four mini dumps in there, latest one is from this morning and the others are from last night.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

FlowerOfLife, May 2, 2020
Thema:

security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64

1. security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64 - Similar Threads - security implications posting

2. Mini Dump Analysis PLEASE!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mini Dump Analysis PLEASE!: Hello Microsoft Community, I have a DELL Laptop that is dumping... the mother board has been replaced a few times, but I don't want it replaced again if the motherboard and its components are not the issue. Wondering if someone could do a stack dump analysis for me ......
  3. Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded: I've been getting random BSOD lately. The most common BSOD pattern is on a cold start computer turned off overnight and then booted up in the morning as soon as I get to desktop it BSOD. After that it works fine rest of the day. Other times it BSOD is when the computer is...
  4. Is there a setting to skip generating a mini dump when encountering a BSOD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a setting to skip generating a mini dump when encountering a BSOD?: I have a scenario that occasionally causes a BSOD. When that happens, it takes Windows some time to generate a dump, and I'm forced to wait and wait when I just want Windows to be back up and running again ASAP. Is there a setting to skip generating the mini dump, which in...
  5. Mini dump

Mini dump: Can anyone analyze my mini dumps and tell me what they mean here they are theres 3 of them https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap7fz_7nVtBulGIWvCwznEGngvFS?e=Y2iN5R https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mini-dump/8e370380-ebcd-46e2-9086-6c0405902635
  6. Recurring BSOD with PC, any help to check mini-dump?

Recurring BSOD with PC, any help to check mini-dump?: Hi everyone, i've built a new PC few weeks ago: Ryzen 7 3700X stock, no OC/PBO ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING (tried 2801 & 2901 bioses) RTX 2060S TURBO stock, no OC/OC Scan 500gb Samsung NVME drive 1tb SSHD Firecuda/Seagate HDD 2TB W10 64 bit 16 GB 2x8 memory modules...
  7. BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE (mini dump and diognostic attached)

BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE (mini dump and diognostic attached): Hello seeking some help with my windows 10. Has crashed lots of times with theses two errors. the drivers seem to be uptodate on device manager.
  8. BSOD Windows 10 Issues - Mini-Dump Attached

BSOD Windows 10 Issues - Mini-Dump Attached: Hello, I've been getting BSOD since I updated some drivers. I'm not sure which driver though or if its really a driver problem or not. Here is a link to my mini-dump: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5a3goqf7bcvbean/Mini-Dump.zip/file I put all four mini dumps in there,...
  9. SSD watchdog violation, no mini dump

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD watchdog violation, no mini dump: hello, i have been having alot of issues lately when i installed a new crucial 1tb ssd if i don't use windows for 5 mins or more the system crashes and gives me a DPC_watchdog_violation no additional info was giving and it doesn't make mini dumps (stays at 0% and reboots)...
  10. Implication of automatic windows security update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Implication of automatic windows security update: Can any application based on the .Net Framework be affected after a security update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/implication-of-automatic-windows-security-update/e41ebe77-a65e-4492-b4de-780771bfa898