Windows 10: security info replaced and now I cannot access my account

Discus and support security info replaced and now I cannot access my account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email today saying that my security info has been replaced after the 30 day waiting period. When I tried to log into my account the old... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bigmac49, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Bigmac49 Win User

security info replaced and now I cannot access my account

I received an email today saying that my security info has been replaced after the 30 day waiting period. When I tried to log into my account the old phone number seems to be there and I cannot log in. How can I contact someone at Microsoft to sort this or can someone here help me

:)

Bigmac49, Jun 28, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jun 28, 2019
  3. How to change password for login without verifying security info?.

Hi Samuwella,

Sorry for the loss, not to worry we will try our best to assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10 account security.

Lets follow the below steps to fix the issue with Windows 10.

1. We Suggest you to refer to the below article on "Get back into your Microsoft account if it's been compromised".
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10494/microsoft-account-get-back-compromised-account

2. Also refer to the below article on "How do I replace my security info"?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10634/microsoft-account-replace-all-security-info

3. Two-step verification helps protect you by making it more difficult for someone else to sign in to your Microsoft account. It uses two different forms of identity: your password, and a contact method (also known as security
    info). Even if someone else finds your password, they'll be stopped if they don't have access to your security info.

Refer the steps in the link :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Keep us informed with the above information for better assistance.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. security info replaced and now I cannot access my account - Similar Threads - security info replaced

2. Security Info Replacement Still Not Allowing Me Access to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Info Replacement Still Not Allowing Me Access to Windows: I cloned my jump drive a little over a month ago. When reinstalling it, I was locked out of my Windows account because I had an outdated phone number associated with my account. I had to wait 30 days to change it and although it was successfully changed, I still can't access...
  3. Security Info Replacement Still Not Allowing Me Access to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Info Replacement Still Not Allowing Me Access to Windows: I cloned my jump drive a little over a month ago. When reinstalling it, I was locked out of my Windows account because I had an outdated phone number associated with my account. I had to wait 30 days to change it and although it was successfully changed, I still can't access...
  4. Security Info Replacement Still Not Allowing Me Access to Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot Access Security Info for Organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Access Security Info for Organization: I'm attempting to update my security information 2FA since I have a new phone. However, every time I try to view the security information in my account https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info it just spins and never loads. I've tried on desktop and phone as well as...
  6. Cannot Access Security Info for Organization

Cannot Access Security Info for Organization: I'm attempting to update my security information 2FA since I have a new phone. However, every time I try to view the security information in my account https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info it just spins and never loads. I've tried on desktop and phone as well as...
  7. Session timed out security info replacement

Session timed out security info replacement: I forgot my PIN on my Windows 10 laptop, so I tried to reset it, the security info that was linked was old so I replaced it with a Gmail account, I thought I had to wait 30 days, but I recently found 3 emails from the Microsoft account team yes it was really from Microsoft,...
  8. My Microsoft account security info was deleted and with that i lost access to my Minecraft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account security info was deleted and with that i lost access to my Minecraft...: ...........My Microsoft account security info was deleted and with that i lost access to my Minecraft account. Is it possible for me to get access to my Minecraft account again?* Moved from Community Center...
  9. My Microsoft account security info was deleted and with that i lost access to my Minecraft...

My Microsoft account security info was deleted and with that i lost access to my Minecraft...: ...........My Microsoft account security info was deleted and with that i lost access to my Minecraft account. Is it possible for me to get access to my Minecraft account again?* Moved from Community Center...
  10. How is it possible to replace ALL of the security info for a Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How is it possible to replace ALL of the security info for a Microsoft account?: I received an email from the accountprotection.microsoft.com It states: Someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft account pa*****. Obviously this is concerning. The email goes on to explain that I should: If this wasn't you,...