Windows 10: Security info was removed

Discus and support Security info was removed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have accidentally removed my security info for Microsoft account. I have tried several times to recover it but unsuccessfully. I have been repeating... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Esther Leews, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Security info was removed

I have accidentally removed my security info for Microsoft account. I have tried several times to recover it but unsuccessfully.

I have been repeating submit the form to recover and repeating the same questions asked but still cannot.

Appreciate you can assist. Thank you.

:)

Esther Leews, Aug 4, 2020

2. Microsoft account - Are security questions removed after I enabled the 2-step verification?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Generally, a security question is helpful to recover your Microsoft account password, when you lose access to it. Enabling Two-step verification won't effect your security question, instead it is an advanced security feature that makes it harder for someone
    to break in to your account with just a stolen password. To replace your security info

• Go to
      Security settings
      , and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• If you’re asked to enter a security code to continue, and you can’t get that code, choose
      I don't have any of these or I can't verify my account from the drop-down list, then follow the instructions to reset your security info.

• On the Security settings page, your security info is under Security info helps keep your account secure. Choose
      Remove for any you want to remove. You may be prompted to add new security info before you can remove the old info.

If you remove all of your security info, there’s a 30-day wait during which we help protect sensitive parts of your account so nobody can change your security settings or use your payment options. During this period you can still use your email, Skype,
    OneDrive, and devices as usual. After the 30 days, you’ll be notified that the wait is over and it’s time to enter new security info.

Learn more

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 4, 2020
  3. theonedub Win User
    GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Security info was removed

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Security info was removed

1. Security info was removed - Similar Threads - Security info was

2. Security Info Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Info Update: I recently updated my security info and, and am unable to log in to Onedrive on my Windows 10 desktop. I only updated the security information because I no longer have the old phone number and the backup email address no longer exists. I cannot cancel the requested update,...
  3. Locked out with security info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out with security info: I cloned my jump drive and when I reinstalled it, it was not recognized and could not sign into my Windows 10 account. The verification phone number is no longer valid so I can't receive a text code to sign in. I'm now locked out of my account for 30 days before I can update...
  4. Bitlocker, security info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker, security info: Hi , my computer show me a blue screen « bitlocker » , so i went on my microsoft account went on my devise and they ask me for a code that i will receive on my phone , the things is it s my old phone number so i change the security info . And now i have to wait 30 days to get...
  5. Bitlocker, security info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker, security info: Hi , my computer show me a blue screen « bitlocker » , so i went on my microsoft account went on my devise and they ask me for a code that i will receive on my phone , the things is it s my old phone number so i change the security info . And now i have to wait 30 days to get...
  6. Microsoft security info added

Microsoft security info added: I keep getting emails in my junk folder supposedly from Microsoft to say these different email addresses have been added to my account, which ARENT me and I dont recognise. There’s an option to click if it isn’t you but I don’t want to click it in case it’s a scam. Also keep...
  7. changing security info

changing security info: Hello thereI found out that my old inactive phone was mentioned in my profile info. I wanted to change it to a new phone number enabling me to receive security code whenever I need to change my MS password. Badly I was in a rush and could not find change phone number so I...
  8. Removing saved info

in Browsers and Email
    Removing saved info: I emailed my college teacher using Outlook and his email address now shows in the saved info box in Microsoft Edge (Window 10 21H1). Only his email address has a icon with a blue clipboard? next to it. No other saved email addresses have this icon. How do I remove his email...
  9. Changing Security Info

Changing Security Info: The code that Microsoft send me is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-security-info/4d900a1d-e475-47c5-bd70-28eb647ff663
  10. updating security info

updating security info: I want to update security information and I can't get past this screen. The alternative email on file (to get a code) can't be edited, and it's not a working email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** You can't access this site right now This site requires a...