Windows 10: Security Intelligence Update does not give pending notification warnings, does not restore...

Discus and support Security Intelligence Update does not give pending notification warnings, does not restore... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Security Intelligence Updates e.g. KB2267602 does not give pending update notification warnings before rebooting user machine or warnings only show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tao_C, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Tao_C Win User

Security Intelligence Update does not give pending notification warnings, does not restore...

Security Intelligence Updates e.g. KB2267602 does not give pending update notification warnings before rebooting user machine or warnings only show up within hours before auto-update so user has no chance to prepare for it. It also does not restore opened apps e.g. chrome and unsaved changes e.g. unsaved notepad changes.

This behavior is inconsistent with other updates like Quality Updates, e.g. KB4559309 where the system state is backed up and mostly restored after reboot. This poses a serious usability issue and interruption to user workflows. User can never be prepared for those random and sudden reboots.

I'd suggest the Security Intelligence Updates team to:

* allow pending update notification to linger for > 72 hours before forcing a reboot. Those updates are the least important for normal users, but it's the highest threat for user data.

* add system backup and restore functionality before pushing another update to user.

:)

Tao_C, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 does not show backup and restore notification.

Hi,

This issue might occur if notifications are not turned on. I suggest you to
    turn on all notification settings
    and check if that helps. Refer the steps below.

• Type Notification and actions settings on Search and hit Enter.
    • Turn on all Notifications: Restart your computer and check.
    Do let us know if you get backup and restore notification. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Security Intelligence update (WD)

Back in August MS changed the description of the definitions update from 'Definition Update...' to 'Security Intelligence Update...' but it's still the same virus definitions and KB226702 as before, just re-branded. The only other type of update you should expect to see is the monthly antimalware platform update for the engine/GUI.

Security Intelligence Update does not give pending notification warnings, does not restore... [​IMG]

Bree, Jul 5, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Security Intelligence Update does not give pending notification warnings, does not restore...

Security Intelligence update (WD)

Hi folks
    is this some new system / method that WD does for its updates or is this just the "standard" Virus definition database that WD uses being updated.

So long as the system works OK and does its protection job I'm not too bothered but I m curious as to what it actually means.

Security Intelligence Update does not give pending notification warnings, does not restore... [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Security Intelligence Update does not give pending notification warnings, does not restore... - Similar Threads - Security Intelligence Update

2. Does Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus cause my Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus cause my Windows 11...: Every time I have my laptop suddenly going black screen or just not open after I put it on Hibernate Mode, I just go to Windows Security to see if there are any updates and "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.403.1211.0 -...
  3. Does Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus cause my Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus cause my Windows 11...: Every time I have my laptop suddenly going black screen or just not open after I put it on Hibernate Mode, I just go to Windows Security to see if there are any updates and "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.403.1211.0 -...
  4. Windows Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus gives error...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus gives error...: Title. I've just reinstalled Windows because of the same problem, now I did it again, clean install and I get the same error when I try to update my Windows. submitted by /u/dadybosma [link] [comments]...
  5. Automatic Security Intelligence Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Security Intelligence Update: Whenever I go to Windows Update and click on Check for updates, I get Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender. Some times 2 or 3 updates every day. My question: Can I tell Windows to check for updates automatically maybe twice a day and auto install these security...
  6. Does anyone know what the "FriendlyFiles" threat is that Microsoft Security Intelligence...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what the "FriendlyFiles" threat is that Microsoft Security Intelligence...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NOT-JEFFREY-NELSON [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5pl03/does_anyone_know_what_the_friendlyfiles_threat_is/
  7. Security Intelligence Update

Security Intelligence Update: Every single time I get one of those updates I get the blue screen telling me the system quit working. It then gathers information and restarts which is very frustrating because it always happens when I'm in an online poker tournament. I check the reliability report and it...
  8. Security Intelligence update (WD)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Intelligence update (WD): Hi folks is this some new system / method that WD does for its updates or is this just the "standard" Virus definition database that WD uses being updated. So long as the system works OK and does its protection job I'm not too bothered but I m curious as to what it actually...
  9. Why does my lap have 50 updates for Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...

Why does my lap have 50 updates for Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...: Why am i getting so many updates for Security Intelligence Windows Defender. I have 50 so far and they happen more than once a day that tie up my computor....
  10. why does the security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus update of KB15597...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does the security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus update of KB15597...: why does my security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus KB15597 not update? * Moved from Education/Office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-does-the-security-intelligence-update-for/0f06a6ec-b3f8-4e3f-866a-8ed37977d83b