Windows 10: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

Discus and support Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PuffnZen, Apr 19, 2024.

1. PuffnZen Win User

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode.

:)

PuffnZen, Apr 19, 2024
  2. Jacquito Win User

Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

Hi Elijah,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with Security Intelligence updates on your Windows 10 devices.

Based on your description, it seems like you've already tried a few troubleshooting steps, but the issue persists.

I found a thread on the Microsoft Community forum where a user reported a similar issue

and received some helpful suggestions from other users.

One user suggested that the issue could be caused by a third party antivirus program interfering with the processes of Microsoft Defender ¹.

Another user suggested resetting the Windows Update components ².

You may also want to try restarting the Microsoft Defender service ².

---------------------------------------------------

If none of these suggestions work, you can try manually installing the targeted update ².

You can find more information on how to do this in an article on MakeUseOf ³.

I hope this helps!

(1) Why so many Security Intelligence updates? - Microsoft Community. Redirecting.

(2) How to Fix a Failed Microsoft Defender Update - MUO.

https://www.makeuseof.com/microsoft-defender-failed-update-fix/.

(3) Security intelligence updates for Microsoft Defender Antivirus and ....

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates.

(4) Microsoft Defender Antivirus security intelligence and product updates. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/m...efender-antivirus-updates?view=o365-worldwide.

Best Regards,

Jacquito, Apr 19, 2024
  3. Security intelligence update for microsoft defender antivirus keeps installing whenever I check for updates.

I wanted to make sure my os is up to date so I went to settings and went to Windows update, but every time I click "check for updates" this thing called "Security intelligence update for Microsoft Defender antivirus" keeps popping up and installing and when I click check for updates again it pops up and installs again. I have been having this issue for a while now and I don't even know if this "Security intelligence update for Microsoft Defender antivirus" is even installing or if it's just showing that it's "installing". I already tried using disk cleanup to clear the cache for Microsoft Defender antivirus but to this day I always see this intelligent update installing itself whenever I check for Windows updates. After a while the download completes and it shows that everything is up to date but the intelligent update for Microsoft Defender antivirus was never updated.

MichaelPlays731, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Luca Posa Win User

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.323.1916.0) - Error 0x80010108

Hello,

Windows update give me the following error: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.323.1916.0) - Error 0x80010108". I have tried some suggestions (see

here
    ) for the same error but different version of the update, but it didn't help.

Any help?

Thank you

Luca Posa, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

1. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues - Similar Threads - Security Intelligence Update

2. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  3. Security Intelligence Updates for Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Intelligence Updates for Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Is it possible to stop receiving these updates? If so, how?OS: Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.382AV: Malwarebytes Premium v 4.5.13.208 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-intelligence-updates-for-microsoft/58662316-c0ac-4d55-8967-300a2cd66ca2
  4. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 was the last defender update that installed. There is usually a daily update and there still is on my other laptop with WIndows 10 OS. Is there a known fix for this? Thank you....
  5. Error installing Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error installing Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: The error only happens with this particular update - Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.333.1331.0). After it fails to install, it gives me this message - There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again...
  6. Error installing Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

Error installing Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: The error only happens with this particular update - Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.333.1331.0. After it fails to install, it gives me this message - There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later....
  7. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus Repeatedly Fails to Install

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus Repeatedly Fails to Install: Hi, I've recently updated my computer and all the updates installed except this one: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.333.1131.0 I keep getting this error: 0x80070643 I've run the Get Help application and I've tried...
  8. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I have 6 'important updates' that I have tried to install for about 4 weeks however I am having trouble. The updates will begin to install and then when they hit 100% they will reinstall, this happens twice and then my computer will restart. Has anybody had this issue...
  9. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus: Hi, I have these messages in windows update history: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 Version 1.313.2340.0 Failed to install on 4/25/2020 - 0x8024000b KB2267602 Version 1.313.2261.0 Failed to install on 4/24/2020 - 0x8024000b...
  10. install security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus

install security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus: Everything updates but excepts the security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/install-security-intelligence-update-for-windows/47270eb3-a230-4d5e-b32f-cc15011a0a34