Windows 10: Security Issue: Surface Pro 6 Windows can Log In without Face detection and Pin Number...

Discus and support Security Issue: Surface Pro 6 Windows can Log In without Face detection and Pin Number... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,I'm having security issue. After some months of using, I can log into the system without keying in the pin and no face detection required.I have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AgTan, Jun 6, 2021.

1. AgTan Win User

Security Issue: Surface Pro 6 Windows can Log In without Face detection and Pin Number...

Hi,I'm having security issue. After some months of using, I can log into the system without keying in the pin and no face detection required.I have reset my PC twice but still having the same problem even after i have set up security pin.Can anyone advise me what is the problem?Thank you!

:)

AgTan, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Face ID not working in Surface Pro 6

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use the Face ID on your Surface Pro 6, we will look into this for you. We would like to know if you are aware of any changes on the computer recently.

However, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps in resolving the issue:

Method 1: Resetting Windows Hello Biometric Database

You can try resetting the Windows Hello Biometric Database and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on
      Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the
      WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the
      Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

Method 2: Installing Windows Hello Face Driver

If method 1 didn’t help. You can try to reinstalling the Windows Hello Face Driver. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver
    3. Look for HelloFace.inf and
      HelloFaceMigration.inf
      file, right click on each file and select
      Install
    4. Restart the computer.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Troubleshoot problems with Windows Hello on Surface

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Security Issue: Surface Pro 6 Windows can Log In without Face detection and Pin Number...

Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working

Hello,

I need help with my surface pro 6, windows hello is not working, and I do not know what step to take. I received message "Sorry something went wrong. Please log in with your PIN.". Please help. Thank you in advance.

HarunHarun1, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Security Issue: Surface Pro 6 Windows can Log In without Face detection and Pin Number...

1. Security Issue: Surface Pro 6 Windows can Log In without Face detection and Pin Number... - Similar Threads - Security Issue Surface

2. Surface pro 6 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface pro 6 error: When trying to add a school account it says that the system cannot find the file specified. Don't really know what to do from here Is there any fix? I already tried using the scanning system using the cmd...
  3. Surface pro 6 network issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface pro 6 network issues: I just bought a surface pro 6. And whilst setting it up it didn't connect to my wifi. So i did without internet, and now the problems persists. I cant connect to my wifi, I tried resetting the laptop, enabling/disabling the adapter, and windows troubleshoot but nothing...
  4. can windows 10 pro use face+finger+pin+key to create an extra secure log on to windows 10 pro?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can windows 10 pro use face+finger+pin+key to create an extra secure log on to windows 10 pro?: is it possible to use face recognition and finger print scan and key and pin simultaneously to create the ultimate secure login to windows 10 pro? it would be extremely hard to hack all four at once to break into someones windows program. it could be the new most secure...
  5. Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy: Surface Pro 6 self view or front facing-camera is fuzzy but main camera is clear. I have run the latest Windows update for Surface Pro 6 as of May 15. Camera has only IntelR AVStream Camera 2500 available by checking "Device Manager" . I have applied the latest update on the...
  6. Surface Pro 6 - Windows Hello Face stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 6 - Windows Hello Face stopped working: 2 days ago, the Windows Hello Face stopped working on my Surface Pro 6 When I go into the sign-in options screen, it has: "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face" The camera is working fine for Skype! I've never had this problem until 2 days ago...
  7. Face ID not working in Surface Pro 6

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Face ID not working in Surface Pro 6: I have a surface pro six, face id was working, but for the past two days it has said error sign in with pin. I tried to set it up again but it says face and fingerprint recognition not available on device even though it worked two days ago. How do I fix this? ***Modified...
  8. Surface Pro 6 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 6 Upgrade Issue: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store but then Surface Pro upgraded to Enterprise and now says it is not activated. The order itself says Windows 10 Pro upgrade. So I am unsure what to do to correct this issue? Has anyone had this issue in the past?...
  9. New Surface Pro 6 Internet Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Surface Pro 6 Internet Issues: I just bought a brand new surface pro 6 and have set everything up and connected it to my internet. There is no issue with my internet on any other devices. While it connects and says it has established a connection on my new surface is is extremely slow (to the point of not...
  10. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a