Windows 10: Security Key Blocked

Discus and support Security Key Blocked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a problem with setting up security key with windows and microsoft account. During adding a key to microsoft account it asked me for pin. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikart143, Nov 18, 2019.

1. mikart143 Win User

Security Key Blocked

I have a problem with setting up security key with windows and microsoft account. During adding a key to microsoft account it asked me for pin. I entered PIN (for just testing I am using default pin for my yubikey). After couple tries it blocked. I do not know what to do. Yubikey Manager works fine and logins for other sites to.

:)

mikart143, Nov 18, 2019

2. Blocked app is still playable, and doesn't look like it's staying blocked on the list

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Is the child account signed in as a local or a Microsoft user account?

I suggest you to check the Firewall settings on the system.

Steps:-

• Block the app from Recent Activity.
    • Press “Windows Key + X” and select Control Panel.
    • Go to System and Security and select Windows Firewall.
    • Click on “Allow an app through Windows Firewall”.
    • Select Firewall Settings and check the status of the app there.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 18, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Security Key Blocked

Security Key

Some tentative suggestions -
    1 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for a WiFi network?
    2 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for your router's Admin functions that is controlling your WiFi network?
    3 Perhaps you mean your Windows user account login 'password' or a 'PIN' that you have set it up to accept instead?

Denis

Thema:

Security Key Blocked

1. Security Key Blocked - Similar Threads - Security Key Blocked

2. Security Key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Security Key: Good morning to all. Can someone tell me the method of installing my Widows logon code to a USB drive so that windows will logon automatically when I power on ? appreciate all advice. Regards, Dante...
  3. windows keys blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keys blocked: I have 6 windows 7 , 6 windows 8, and 8 windows 8.1 keys as well as a windows 10 Enterprise key. All were one at a time installed as activated as windows 10 Pro Keys. on Virtual Computers and one old computer. they were all ok. a year or so later I tried to reinstall...
  4. Security key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security key: With only a rudimentary(+) understanding of computer tech, I am seeking guidance for the purchase of a security key. I am using Edge and Windows 10 version 1809. I understand there have been problems getting some security keys to work but that some users have had success...
  5. Security Key

Security Key: What is the best way to set up security key and can I use my empty PYN usb device? 141092
  6. cerain keys are blocked? help?

cerain keys are blocked? help?: cerain keys are blocked? help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cerain-keys-are-blocked-help/0159c30b-27cc-4d2c-8992-5ac0e25d4638
  7. Security Key

Security Key: Yubico said I can add more than one security key but I was only able to add one. I added like 4 on my Google so I am not sure why I can't add more than one on Microsoft. Thanks....
  8. M$ block my key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    M$ block my key: Here my sad story, on the 29th of July I updated my son PC from 7 ultimate to 10 pro. Last Monday, I received an Intel 240GB SSD to replace the WD 640gb Black, Before switch I check the windows key and it was not he one of the 7 ultimate, so I guessed Microsoft give a key to...
  9. Reinstall: product key blocked?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall: product key blocked?: I originally got win10 through the free upgrade from 8.1 and did the install that only replaces system files etc. Some things weren't working correctly such as the sleep function and I kept being unable to login due to the start menu and Cortana not starting, so I decided to...
  10. Network Security Key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Security Key: I have forgotten my network security key, all of the info I find points me to connections, wireless properties, etc..... This does not match my updated Windows 10. Does anyone have the procedures for the latest updated Windows 10? 34074