Windows 10: security key error

Discus and support security key error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to read security key for embroidery program. Was working find then one day wasn't working. Uninstalled and reinstalled software. When it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ValerieSingleton, Sep 19, 2020.

1. security key error

Unable to read security key for embroidery program. Was working find then one day wasn't working. Uninstalled and reinstalled software. When it is time to add the security key I get a blue screen and this error: kmode exception not handled askdt.sys.

:)

ValerieSingleton, Sep 19, 2020
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Sep 19, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

security key error

Security Key

Some tentative suggestions -
    1 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for a WiFi network?
    2 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for your router's Admin functions that is controlling your WiFi network?
    3 Perhaps you mean your Windows user account login 'password' or a 'PIN' that you have set it up to accept instead?

Denis

Thema:

security key error

1. security key error - Similar Threads - security key error

2. Security Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Key: Hello,I try to log in to my account with that security key: USB Winkeo-A FIDO U2F produced by Neowave. It doesn't work and I'm having some trouble. Can that key be used? Thank you,Simon Martin...
  3. Security Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Key: Hello,I try to log in to my account with that security key: USB Winkeo-A FIDO U2F produced by Neowave. It doesn't work and I'm having some trouble. Can that key be used? Thank you,Simon Martin...
  4. Security Keys

Security Keys: I have a couple of Windows 10 Enterprise machines that are domain controlled and a personal IdeaCentre Stick 300, all of which I'd like to run a security key with. I own both a Titan USB-C and Feitian USB-A/NFC security key that I use for Advanced Protection in...
  5. Security key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security key: I purchased a new dell last year with windows 10. All was great. Today i try to login, I get to login screen, type my pin, then all goes black after logging in! If I press the windows key the startup menue show but if I click on it I still get a black screen! I tried to...
  6. Security key.

Security key.: Hi, I am trying to connect a crypto Ledger hardware wallet to metamask, when i try to connect its asking mw to "insert your security key to the usb port" I dont not have a security key, never have had one, got the pc brand new so no reason one should b on it. At first i...
  7. Security Key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Security Key: Good morning to all. Can someone tell me the method of installing my Widows logon code to a USB drive so that windows will logon automatically when I power on ? appreciate all advice. Regards, Dante...
  8. Security key

Security key: With only a rudimentary(+) understanding of computer tech, I am seeking guidance for the purchase of a security key. I am using Edge and Windows 10 version 1809. I understand there have been problems getting some security keys to work but that some users have had success...
  9. Security Key

Security Key: What is the best way to set up security key and can I use my empty PYN usb device? 141092
  10. Security Key

Security Key: Yubico said I can add more than one security key but I was only able to add one. I added like 4 on my Google so I am not sure why I can't add more than one on Microsoft. Thanks....