Windows 10: security key not associated by owner

Discus and support security key not associated by owner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have a physical yubi associated either to the laptop or an account. Anyhow in list of credentials of sign in one account says security key. No email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by doctorholidayz, Jun 3, 2020.

1. security key not associated by owner

i have a physical yubi associated either to the laptop or an account. Anyhow in list of credentials of sign in one account says security key. No email nothing else as information is. All i know if selected your asked to insert key to sign into microsoft. not a specific email but microsoft. is this assocciated tp an account or the laptop

:)

doctorholidayz, Jun 3, 2020

2. Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Jun 3, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jun 3, 2020
  4. MKatCop Win User

security key not associated by owner

Can't open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security.

Many thanks Deepika,

• D: drive is my internal drive
    • I logged-in as an administrator.
    • I Have NOT made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue, but this problems started after Windows Update KB3122947.
    I tried your method 1

- When I clicked Properties > Security > Advanced
    > Change then I got an error message "Can't open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security".

- When I clicked > Properties > Security tab
    > Under Group or user names there is a blank field.

- When I clicked > Properties > General > Advanced
    > Encrypt contents to secure data is NOT selected.

- When I clicked > Properties > Security tab
    > Advanced > Owner says Unable to display Owner. then I get an error message "Can't
    open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security".

I tried your method 2, but even after I disabled all services I still have all the above problems. Can't access a folder on my d drive, where I have installed several important programs

Best regards

M

MKatCop, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

security key not associated by owner

1. security key not associated by owner - Similar Threads - security key associated

2. Security Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Key: Hello,I try to log in to my account with that security key: USB Winkeo-A FIDO U2F produced by Neowave. It doesn't work and I'm having some trouble. Can that key be used? Thank you,Simon Martin...
  3. Security Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Key: Hello,I try to log in to my account with that security key: USB Winkeo-A FIDO U2F produced by Neowave. It doesn't work and I'm having some trouble. Can that key be used? Thank you,Simon Martin...
  4. advanced security settings owner account unknown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    advanced security settings owner account unknown: After my computer died I removed the C drive and installed it my new computer which already had a C drive as K drive - I mainly wanted to access data files that were stored on that computer since the new computer had Windows 10 installed. Today I tried to access...
  5. Registrated Owner Windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Registrated Owner Windows Key: Hey, I had a PC with authentic registered Windows 10 home, it broke. I do not have an installation CD and I no longer have the sticker with the Windows Product key. Now I have another PC running Windows 8.1 and would like to upgrade it to the Windows 10 Home of my broken...
  6. Security key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security key: I purchased a new dell last year with windows 10. All was great. Today i try to login, I get to login screen, type my pin, then all goes black after logging in! If I press the windows key the startup menue show but if I click on it I still get a black screen! I tried to...
  7. security key not associated by owner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    security key not associated by owner: i have a physical yubi associated either to the laptop or an account. Anyhow in list of credentials of sign in one account says security key. No email nothing else as information is. All i know if selected your asked to insert key to sign into microsoft. not a specific email...
  8. Security Key

Security Key: Yubico said I can add more than one security key but I was only able to add one. I added like 4 on my Google so I am not sure why I can't add more than one on Microsoft. Thanks....
  9. Security: Is Microsoft associated with Zoho?

Security: Is Microsoft associated with Zoho?: Is Microsoft associated with Zoho? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security/72cbafda-1fa2-4e36-8422-1dd8e5e657c5"
  10. Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?: Am I right in thinking that with the Anniversary method of dealing with Product Key activation, that 1) if the key is associated with my MS account, if I buy a new PC, replacing the old one, then the product key will validate through my account on the new PC? 2) is it OK to...