Windows 10: security key required..by Firefox?

Discus and support security key required..by Firefox? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I am new to the forums and looking for help on an annoying problem that has only developed since I applied the win 10 may update. I use the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gudbuddy, Sep 9, 2019.

1. gudbuddy Win User

security key required..by Firefox?

Hi

I am new to the forums and looking for help on an annoying problem that has only developed since I applied the win 10 may update. I use the firefox browser and check emails by using a password manager to open outlook in the firefox browser. Before the update outlook just opened, but now I get a message asking for a security key. This is odd as I do not use the security key feature. even odder is that the message says it originated from firefox. I can still get to my emails but now have to cancel the warning message, then select back on the next box, and then input my email and finally my password. I know windows are pushing the new security key feature but this seems very user unfriendly and of course it may also be firefox causing the problem.
    I would be grateful for any advice. Thank you all.

:)

gudbuddy, Sep 9, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Firefox 2.0.0.12 Security and Stability Update Released

As part of Mozilla’s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 2.0.0.12 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download here. This update is strongly recommended for all Firefox users. For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox 2.0.0.12 Release Notes.

Source: Mozilla

malware, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 9, 2019
  4. security key required..by Firefox?

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

security key required..by Firefox?

1. security key required..by Firefox? - Similar Threads - security key required

2. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up: Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is messed up as the settings haven't transferred properly. I was trying to access my account security settings earlier and I was...
  3. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up: Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is messed up as the settings haven't transferred properly. I was trying to access my account security settings earlier and I was...
  4. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. New password security features come to Firefox with Firefox Lockwise

in Windows 10 News
    New password security features come to Firefox with Firefox Lockwise: Remembering unique, strong passwords for all your accounts and apps is a challenge, but it’s also essential for good digital security. We’re making that easier by helping you generate and manage passwords with Firefox Lockwise — all seamlessly, straight from your browser....
  6. security key required..by Firefox?

in Windows 10 Support
    security key required..by Firefox?: Hi I am new to the forums and looking for help on an annoying problem that has only developed since I applied the win 10 may update. I use the firefox browser and check emails by using a password manager to open outlook in the firefox browser. Before the update outlook just...
  7. Firefox authentication Required prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox authentication Required prompt: This question may not belong here, but asking IT pros anyways. Anyone know how to disable below prompt in Firefox: [ATTACH] I tried settings available in options > network settings, no good. I uninstalled Firefox restarted Windows 10 Pro and reinstalled it with new...
  8. Printer won’t print and requires the security key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer won’t print and requires the security key: The printer won’t print because it shows that it is offline in Windows 10. It requires the security key. What is it and where can I find this security key?...
  9. firefox browser security

in Browsers and Email
    firefox browser security: hi, guys I hear browser security should be taken seriously, which top extensions/add-on's do you guys use/recommend to make Firefox really safe when I am browsing, thanks for you time guys, , 63893
  10. Required security software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Required security software: Hi all! First time poster here, and over the past six or so months I've been trying to ensure that my wife and I have secure computers. We're behind a hardware firewall, a Dlink wireless router, so I'm talking specifically about security software that I have purchased and...