Windows 10: Security Key with OneDrive - Personal Vault Online - fine but ...

Discus and support Security Key with OneDrive - Personal Vault Online - fine but ... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when I r-click the OneDrive button in the taskbar and select "Unlock Personal Vault" the security key option regretfully is not offered. Can this be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tfwul, Jan 18, 2020.

1. tfwul Win User

Security Key with OneDrive - Personal Vault Online - fine but ...

when I r-click the OneDrive button in the taskbar and select "Unlock Personal Vault" the security key option regretfully is not offered.

Can this be changed somewhere?
    Vainly searched in the Microsoft Account settings - maybe overlooking something.

Thanks!

(Windows 10 x64 1909 18363.592)

:)

tfwul, Jan 18, 2020

2. OneDrive Personal Vault

Began using OneDrive Personal Vault and it worked fine for a period of time. I am now receiving the following error:

'We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again. Error Code: 0x8031b002'

Can anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this error?

Terry

Terry Startzel, Jan 18, 2020
  3. OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

I was able to get rid of the Red X on my OneDrive icon and the error message saying that the Personal Vault could not be synchronized by doing the following:

1. Access the personal vault OnLine via the the View OnLine option from the desktop icon in the task bar.
    2. Open the vault via the Web Browser and select all the files and folders in the vault.
    3. Count all the files and folders presently in the Personal Vault.
    4. Move all the files and folders out of the Personal Vault to another folder in your OneDrive.
    5. Refresh and verify the Personal Vault is empty.
    6. Verify all your important files have been successfully moved by verifying the folder and file count.
    7. Disable the Personal Vault online via the Web browser.
    8. Select the Personal Vault and attempt to delete it. A message "Cant delete Personal Vault' appears.
    9. Click on 'Go to settings'.
    10. Select the options to Disable the Personal Vault <Select Disable>. and "Disable" when asked are you sure. [NOTE: when you do this, any contents in the vault are irretrievably lost. So make sure it is empty first.]
    11. Wait 30-60 seconds for your OneDrive desktop to synch.
    12. Go back to the browser and select Enable on the Persona Vault window if it is still opened.
    13. If you closed the window, select Settings in the upper right of online OneDrive (to the left of the question mark), select options, select Personal Vault from the left side menu, then select Enable.
    14. A pop-up stating, "Your Personal Vault is back". Select 'got it'.
    15. Click on OneDrive in the upper left corner of the browser screen.
    16. Find your Personal Vault in your file/folder list.
    17. Open it (you will have to authenticate to open).
    18. Inspect the vault. It should be empty. In some cases there will be old "uncached" files that appears. It was the failed synching that caused the Red X. Reestablishing the Personal Vault allows the synch to proceed. Be careful as these files might not
      contain the most contemporaneous data.
    19. You should now be able to use the Personal Vault as before without the Red X. You can move the files you moved out of the Personal Vault back into the Personal Vault - - begin careful to decide which version to keep of any duplicate files.

SteveGhera, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Security Key with OneDrive - Personal Vault Online - fine but ... - Similar Threads - Security Key OneDrive

2. Personal vault demanding a Security key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal vault demanding a Security key: Hello there,I set up my personal vault yesterday and unlocked it with a code sent to my email. Today, I am being asked to insert a security key which I don't have or when using other ways to sign in I get a code to scan to open an electronic passkey which I don't have.None of...
  3. Personal vault demanding a Security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal vault demanding a Security key: Hello there,I set up my personal vault yesterday and unlocked it with a code sent to my email. Today, I am being asked to insert a security key which I don't have or when using other ways to sign in I get a code to scan to open an electronic passkey which I don't have.None of...
  4. Personal vault demanding a Security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to unlock Personal vault with Security key

How to unlock Personal vault with Security key: I have a YubiKey and it's registered with my Microsoft account. But when I go to unlock my Personal Vault in OneDrive I do not get the option to use the security key as my 2 factor authentication. Is there a way to change that setting in OneDrive?...
  6. OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw

OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw: There is a workaround for accessing the files supposedly secured in your personal vault that I accidentally discovered while tinkering around on my file explorer. By changing the View settings on the file explorer like so: Select View > Options > Change folder and search...
  7. OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw: There is a workaround for accessing the files supposedly secured in your personal vault that I accidentally discovered while tinkering around on my file explorer. By changing the View settings on the file explorer like so: Select View > Options > Change folder and search...
  8. OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw

9. OneDrive Personal Vault

OneDrive Personal Vault: Began using OneDrive Personal Vault and it worked fine for a period of time. I am now receiving the following error: 'We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again. Error Code: 0x8031b002' Can anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this...
  10. OneDrive personal Vault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive personal Vault: Hi there, I was wondering did you guys sent me the recent OTP:0969530 for unlocking OneDrive vault. is this feature added in your OneDrive app? I recently got a notification from MS OneDrive. I opened it and it was about the personal vault. the thing that is teasing me is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive security key