Windows 10: Security Malware Unknown source

Discus and support Security Malware Unknown source in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While i was looking at my privacy settings i noticed that under some of the Microsoft Icons such as Office and Windows that instead of Microsoft Corp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AimeeJones-Deville, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Security Malware Unknown source

While i was looking at my privacy settings i noticed that under some of the Microsoft Icons such as Office and Windows that instead of Microsoft Corp being listed under their Icon UNKNOWN was listed instead. This happened not long after i connected my iCLOUD account to my laptop. That was the FIRST icon to have an UNKNOWN listed underneath. Well not shortly after maybe a couple of more uses and setting up my brandnew laptop. It blue screens and crashes on me. Not once but TWICE! Its been to shipped HP twice under manufacturers warranty. It still is not working properly. Can someone please advise if this could be done by someone installing malware and remotely gaining access to my laptop?

This is my Third brand new computer i have purchased over the last 4 years and in the matter of months the same thing happens.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

AimeeJones-Deville, Dec 2, 2020

2. "Enable Unknown Sources"

Thank you for the fast response. I am trying to set up a system with the Metropolitan Opera that would enable me to select an opera they have photographed in the past during a performance and stream it to my computer. First I must perform the following
    steps, which seem to have been written for a phone, not my PC:

To install the Amazon Appstore, just follow these steps:

Enable Unknown Sources

- In your phone Settings page, tap on "Security" or "Applications" (varies with device)

- Enable "Unknown Sources" permission

- Confirm with "OK"

Install and Launch Amazon Appstore

- In your device's "Download" folder, find and tap on the "Amazon_app.apk" file

- Tap "Install"on the Android Installer screen

- Launch the Amazon Appstore

Charles

charles_pe, Dec 2, 2020
  3. "Enable Unknown Sources"

Thank you for the fast response. I am trying to set up a system with the Metropolitan Opera that would enable me to select an opera they have photographed in the past during a performance and stream it to my computer. First I must perform the following
    steps, which seem to have been written for a phone, not my PC:

To install the Amazon Appstore, just follow these steps:

Enable Unknown Sources

- In your phone Settings page, tap on "Security" or "Applications" (varies with device)

- Enable "Unknown Sources" permission

- Confirm with "OK"

Install and Launch Amazon Appstore

- In your device's "Download" folder, find and tap on the "Amazon_app.apk" file

- Tap "Install"on the Android Installer screen

- Launch the Amazon Appstore

Charles

charles_pe, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Security Malware Unknown source

'unknown Sources'?

I have purchased the Nokia Lumia and want to download the Paddy Power app but it says that first I must turn on the unknown sources in the security settings? From what I can see there is no security settings on this phone? I have checked the settings and
    found nothing? Is there anyone who knows how to fix this please?

thanks in advance

FrankGalway, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Security Malware Unknown source

1. Security Malware Unknown source - Similar Threads - Security Malware Unknown

2. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?: I noticed my PC had been getting slower to respond so I opened up the "Add or Remove Programs" The windows 10 oneAnd I noticed an unknown software with no name and which supposedly takes 3.44 TB even though my HDD is 1 TB total.The buttons are intermittently greyed out and...
  3. Malware - Unknown

Malware - Unknown: I've seen this a few times as a balloon popup. [ATTACH] I've run Defender: Nothing detected. I ran Trend Micro Free Online Scan: Nothing detected. Please advise. Thank you....
  4. "Enable Unknown Sources"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Enable Unknown Sources": I have a PC with Windows 10 version 1909. One of my objectives requires that I enable unknown sources temporarily. The instructions given to me require that I click on a command with those specific words. I can't find that switch or even similar words. My latest search...
  5. Error during scanning - Unknown source

in Windows 10 Support
    Error during scanning - Unknown source: I had just started the machine this morning and up popped an error message window. I've been unable to find the source or cause. I'm concerned it may be something bad so I haven't clicked it yet. [img] 145677
  6. unknown sources

unknown sources: I need to download a program for my buisness, but I need to turn off the setting that blocks the unknown source. I know the source, and it's safe, but I can't find the setting to turn the block off, Please help, I need to do this, like yesterday. Thank you for any help, I'm...
  7. additional malware security

additional malware security: do I need additional virus/malware security to run along side window 10 security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-malware-security/dfc656b4-4d9e-4da9-9e7a-a9952405a9d1"
  8. Wake source unknown

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake source unknown: Hi forum hivemind, I'm wondering if anyone has had an issue with their labtop turn on while transported without a known cause. I've been to self help sites that have told me various solutions such as: Win 10: Command prompt/ powercfg -lastwake And it comes up with no...
  9. Window 10 unknown source issue

Window 10 unknown source issue: I have windows 10 and have changed my unknown source to accept all apps so I can access on my fire stick. Though it says I have selected this option I still cannot receive a download app to my fire stick....
  10. Unknown error source

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown error source: Hi there, I get this error every few days and I have no idea where it is coming from! I understand it is perhaps because I installed 32-bit software instead of 64? But I have no clue from what program it is coming from. Please see my attached screenshot for what I see. Any...