Windows 10: Security Mitigations

Discus and support Security Mitigations in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Under security mitigations in event viewer. I get several warnings of these a day. Process device harddisk volume 3 program files waterfox waterfox.exe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Purpleroses, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Security Mitigations

Under security mitigations in event viewer. I get several warnings of these a day. Process device harddisk volume 3 program files waterfox waterfox.exe was blocked for making system calls to win32k.sys. Is there anything I need to do to not get this worrying and can I just ignore the warning? Everything is working alright.

:)

Purpleroses, Dec 23, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Rob dB Win User
    Mitigation not enabled

Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is enabled: False

Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is disabled by system policy: False

Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is disabled by absence of hardware support: False

BTIWindowsSupportEnabled : False

BTIDisabledBySystemPolicy : False

BTIDisabledByNoHardwareSupport : False

So what I can gather by this is that the system mitigation is disabled, however not by policy or absense of hardware, so in a nutshell, windows doesn't want to enable it for some unknown reasons. Unlike others who have the mitigation disabled due to absense
    of hardware support mine is apparently completely software related.

So I'll ask you guys, how do I enable the protection?

Hardware support for branch target injection mitigation is present: True

Windows OS support for branch target injection mitigation is present: True

As you can see both hardware and software support it.

Rob dB, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Security Mitigations

Security Mitigations

Under security mitigations in event viewer. I get several warnings of these a day. Process device harddisk volume 3 program files waterfox waterfox.exe was blocked for making system calls to win32k.sys. Is there anything I need to do to not get this worrying and can I just ignore the warning? Everything is working alright.

Purpleroses, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Security Mitigations

1. Security Mitigations - Similar Threads - Security Mitigations

2. New Event Viewer Security-Mitigations Activity After Updating Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Event Viewer Security-Mitigations Activity After Updating Chrome: I'd like to see if anyone knows something about this, what it means, and if it's something to worry about, but ever since updating Chrome to the latest version 121.0.6167.85 on my Windows 10 PC, there has been new activity in Event Viewer and it's kind of concerning mein the...
  3. New Event Viewer Security-Mitigations Activity After Updating Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Event Viewer Security-Mitigations Activity After Updating Chrome: I'd like to see if anyone knows something about this, what it means, and if it's something to worry about, but ever since updating Chrome to the latest version 121.0.6167.85 on my Windows 10 PC, there has been new activity in Event Viewer and it's kind of concerning mein the...
  4. New Event Viewer Security-Mitigations Activity After Updating Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations/Kernel Mode Process error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations/Kernel Mode Process error?: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations/Kernel Mode Process - '\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Call of Duty\_retail_\BlizzardBrowser\BlizzardBrowser.exe' PID 1508 was blocked from making system calls to Win32k.sys. curious as to what this means and why it is happeningand or if it is...
  6. Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations/Kernel Mode Process error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations/Kernel Mode Process error?: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations/Kernel Mode Process - '\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Call of Duty\_retail_\BlizzardBrowser\BlizzardBrowser.exe' PID 1508 was blocked from making system calls to Win32k.sys. curious as to what this means and why it is happeningand or if it is...
  7. Security Mitigations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Security Mitigations: Under security mitigations in event viewer. I get several warnings of these a day. Process device harddisk volume 3 program files waterfox waterfox.exe was blocked for making system calls to win32k.sys. Is there anything I need to do to not get this worrying and can I just...
  8. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered; Device locked for security reason.

Dictionary attack mitigation triggered; Device locked for security reason.: When I login to my PC I am getting this pop-up after I type in my password. I can't even get into settings. I was downloading Microsoft teams and they asked for a PIN. I tried a few of the pins that I normally use. I tried to reset my PC to finish setting it up and now I...
  9. Has Windows 10 and Hyper-V introduced "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in Ethernet /...

Has Windows 10 and Hyper-V introduced "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in Ethernet /...: Windows 10 Hyper-V enables vEthernet adapters, which are bound to RDMA by default, and which cannot be disabled or modified. Any modification of these adapters, and their settings is reverted on reboot. If RDMA bindings cannot be disabled on vEthernet, and if Microsoft has...
  10. Has Windows 10 Hyper-V introduced "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in vEthernet adapters yet?

Has Windows 10 Hyper-V introduced "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in vEthernet adapters yet?: Windows 10 Hyper-V enables vEthernet adapters, which are bound to RDMA by default, and which cannot be disabled or modified. Any modification of these adapters, and their settings is reverted on reboot. If RDMA bindings cannot be disabled on vEthernet, and if Microsoft has...