Windows 10: Security Notification

Discus and support Security Notification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Each time I turn on my computer a get a notification that reads: First line "Virus and threat protection"; second line "Turn on virus protection". I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bean23, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:42 PM.

1. bean23 Win User

Security Notification

Each time I turn on my computer a get a notification that reads: First line "Virus and threat protection"; second line "Turn on virus protection".

I have visited the Microsoft Community looking for asked and answered postings, but could not find what I was looking for. You see, I'm using McAfee Total Protection and McAfee shows me everything is covered. Further, when I check my Windows 10 "Windows Security" it shows everything is turned on. Now I understand that it is not optimal to run two security systems at the same time and so I probably should do something like turn OFF Windows Defender, but this does not make sense relative to the notification which is telling me that I should turn ON "Virus protection".

I can't find a way to address this. can anyone help? I would be grateful.

bean23

:)

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

3. Rose Cal Win User
    no update notification

Hi Kent,

One possible cause why you're unable to receive notification is due to wrong configuration settings. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to receive notification before?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Security and Maintenance.
    • Choose Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Put a check on the check box.
    • Click OK.

This will allow you to disable/enable specific types of messages, including messages about Windows Update, Internet security settings, User Account Control, Windows Backup, and more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. Security Notification

Security notifications with Windows 10.

In Windows 7 you used to be able to list exclusions. I could stop the notification by going one step further down in my security, which I don't want to do. The notifications in this case are from Dropbox, and are frequent and annoying, but the app is
    completely trustworthy, and I always click yes without a thought.

Isn't there something deep in th system which I could access?

EvaLawrence-987, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:45 PM
Thema:

Security Notification

1. Security Notification - Similar Threads - Security Notification

2. Security notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security notifications: Is there any way to turn this off? I thought I had them off, I'm pretty sure I did but since I just updated I'm now getting them throughout the day. Both firewall notifications and UAC notifications (to turn them back on). submitted by /u/JustTheDman [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows Security notification keeps appearing every time PC is turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security notification keeps appearing every time PC is turned on: Every time I turn on my PC, a notification from Windows Security appears saying "Turn on virus protection". Simply clicking on it makes it disappear for the session, but after I shut down and turn back on, it appears again.[ATTACH] Any way to make it stop?...
  4. Security standard notification message when connecting to internet via WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security standard notification message when connecting to internet via WiFi: I have an Asus K52J laptop running Win10 64-bit Pro 2004 and have a WiFi internet connection via a Billion W40 ADSL router. I am now getting a notification message when connecting to the internet "This WiFi network uses an older security standard that is being phased out. We...
  5. Windows security notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security notification: At startup, a small box informs me that Bitdefender Threat Scanner has problems and I should report them to the company. But I have eliminated Bitdefender from my system completely to the last file - and its not easy to get rid of. BUT I still get the splash screen/box....
  6. how do i turn off the ransomware notification in windows security

how do i turn off the ransomware notification in windows security: I've got a warning on Windows Security saying I need to set up OneDrive for protection in case of ransomware attack. There is a link to dismiss the notification but it isn't working. If I choose "Manage Ransomware Protection" I have another link to dismiss the warning, but...
  7. How do I disable the notification saying that my McAfee security has expired?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the notification saying that my McAfee security has expired?: My McAfe security has expired, and now every time I boot up my computer I get an intrusive message telling me that it's expired. I know what there is an option to disable Windows Defender notifications, but will that not tell me when threats have been stopped then?...
  8. my windows security not showing on notification taskbar

my windows security not showing on notification taskbar: my windows security usually shows on the taskbar notification, but it isn't for some reason, i went to personalization and toggled it on but still not there...
  9. Security Intelligence Update does not give pending notification warnings, does not restore...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security Intelligence Update does not give pending notification warnings, does not restore...: Security Intelligence Updates e.g. KB2267602 does not give pending update notification warnings before rebooting user machine or warnings only show up within hours before auto-update so user has no chance to prepare for it. It also does not restore opened apps e.g. chrome and...
  10. Notification that network is not secure appears on only one PC on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification that network is not secure appears on only one PC on network: We have several laptops and desktops on our wifi network. Only one Windows 10 Pro 64 bit is getting a notification that our network is not secure, that it is an old security type. However our network is using WPA2 and the notification does not appear on any other devices on...