Windows 10: Security of local account on a stolen computer

Discus and support Security of local account on a stolen computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all sorry trouble you had my laptop stolen about 3 weeks was using a windows local account password windows 10 not sure witch version of windows i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AJ 78, Jun 11, 2019.

1. AJ 78 Win User

Security of local account on a stolen computer

Hi all sorry trouble you had my laptop stolen about 3 weeks was using a windows local account password windows 10 not sure witch version of windows i had it was the one with the password hint just looking for some advice are they really easy to get past the password for the run of the mill burgalers many thanks for the help and advice.

* Original title: Local Account

:)

AJ 78, Jun 11, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Security of local account on a stolen computer

The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation.

Hi Dinny,

Error "The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation" may occur due to a system file corruption. For us to properly
    assist you, provide more information by answering these questions:

• May we know what prompted you to install UC browser?
    • Are you using a local or Microsoft account to sign in on your computer?
    • Aside from using Malwarebytes Adwcleaner, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Security of local account on a stolen computer

1. Security of local account on a stolen computer - Similar Threads - Security local account

2. Help! Account stolen and Computer hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Account stolen and Computer hacked: My son Connor McAulay was on my office computer when his Minecraft account was stolen and the screen went black and the computer shut down. I have no idea how long the hacker was in the network and I my law firm has have very sensitive documents. we know it was a hacker as...
  3. Help! Account stolen and Computer hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Account stolen and Computer hacked: My son Connor McAulay was on my office computer when his Minecraft account was stolen and the screen went black and the computer shut down. I have no idea how long the hacker was in the network and I my law firm has have very sensitive documents. we know it was a hacker as...
  4. Help! Account stolen and Computer hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Account Stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Stolen: Hello, I recently got a keylogger that stole my Microsoft account. Now I don't want everything I bought gone so please help me. The email was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as you can see and the username was Rixtify. It changed to this Russian mail. Please help...
  6. Account Stolen

Account Stolen: Hello, I recently got a keylogger that stole my Microsoft account. Now I don't want everything I bought gone so please help me. The email was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as you can see and the username was Rixtify. It changed to this Russian mail. Please help...
  7. Stolen computer

Stolen computer: Split from this thread.I had a device stolen from me and the ones who have this are remote porting into my private phone and I can't seem to figure out where they have done this.I am a victim of a serious crime that some groups of these oeople have tried to hide themselves to...
  8. Account Stolen

Account Stolen: Back in March someone managed to access my google account and got access to all my passwords I have now made 2 factor verification. They changed all my passwords. I have now changed the passwords. My accountant emailed me to say someone has emailed them pretending to be me...
  9. Account Stolen

Account Stolen: I keep finding history on my account that Isnt matching my history on my devices. No matter how many times I change my passwords, somehow It keeps showing up stuff I have never used. I keep checking my history minute to minute on my xbox and going to Edge and there not...
  10. Stolen account

Stolen account: My account is stolen. I cant log in as email was changed and there is written that account doesnt exist. What can I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-account/19631bf5-507a-43e3-878f-5d086d99f22b