Windows 10: Security of my account

Discus and support Security of my account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a message that "upickem.net" was compromised...when I enter that on-line I get Microsoft Edge...I need to change my password for all my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CaroleHanaway, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Security of my account

I received a message that "upickem.net" was compromised...when I enter that on-line I get Microsoft Edge...I need to change my password for all my Microsoft connections to secure them...please help me...*** Email address is removed for privacy ***....

Carole

:)

CaroleHanaway, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 20, 2020
  3. RobJLau Win User
    Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

RobJLau, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Security of my account

My EA account has been hacked

EA needs step two verification and now. The way Origin and Battlelog is setup now its a free for all. They need to take note from Steam and Gmail on how to secure an account.

TheMailMan78, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Security of my account

1. Security of my account - Similar Threads - Security account

2. Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures: Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures Hi Microsoft Community, I am writing to update and seek further assistance on a pressing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which has now escalated despite having taken all recommended security...
  3. Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures: Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures Hi Microsoft Community, I am writing to update and seek further assistance on a pressing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which has now escalated despite having taken all recommended security...
  4. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.: I am running Windows Server 2019 and I changed the administrator account name to a new name. After making the name change anytime I try and open system Settings I receive the error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. I tried to add another user via...
  5. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.: I am running Windows Server 2019 and I changed the administrator account name to a new name. After making the name change anytime I try and open system Settings I receive the error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. I tried to add another user via...
  6. The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation...: I am facing a problem when trying to sign in to Windows on a Lenovo ThinkPad L430 supplied by the school. When I type in my username and password. I get the error message: "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust...
  7. The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation...: I am facing a problem when trying to sign in to Windows on a Lenovo ThinkPad L430 supplied by the school. When I type in my username and password. I get the error message: "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust...
  8. The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation...

9. Somone is in my account. Please help secure me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somone is in my account. Please help secure me.: Someone is in my account. Can you help me secure it? They signed in on 11/19/2024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somone-is-in-my-account-please-help-secure-me/c2a62aa0-63b2-4265-aeba-92cbbffc3955
  10. Somone is in my account. Please help secure me.

Somone is in my account. Please help secure me.: Someone is in my account. Can you help me secure it? They signed in on 11/19/2024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somone-is-in-my-account-please-help-secure-me/c2a62aa0-63b2-4265-aeba-92cbbffc3955