Windows 10: Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection)

Discus and support Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have looked every where for a solution to this problem and I haven't been able to find an answer that has worked. I don't have this issue when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Denis1970, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Denis1970 Win User

Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection)

Hi. I have looked every where for a solution to this problem and I haven't been able to find an answer that has worked.

I don't have this issue when I use my laptop via WiFi, but my desktop computer doesn't have WiFi and the problem is with the Ethernet connection only.

I am running windows 10 version 1903 - and my problem all started when this new version was installed.

Things that I have tried: Reset network, reinstall network driver, uninstalled Bitdefender security software, uninstalled VPN, reset modem, called my ISP and they informed me that there is nothing wrong with my connection and it has to be related to Windows 10 operating system.

:)

Denis1970, Aug 28, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Firewall blocking Ethernet connection?

Hi, if you're using Wifi, you might try turning Wi-fi sense off.

Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection) [​IMG]

dalchina, Aug 28, 2019
  3. "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"

Hi Melissa,

There are instances when a firewall automatically blocks a connection to the network particularly if it’s a network which is quite far from your usual location. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking this support article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10. The said article has steps which directs you on properly disabling
    firewall. Aside from that, it has other troubleshooting options that could help us resolve the issue.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Millerkd Win User

Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection)

Firewall blocking Ethernet connection?

So I just unpackaged my computer after moving back to the states (been in storage since Oct 1st). Connect everything and it doesn't recognize the Ethernet connection to the Internet. Call my isp to troubleshoot. They have me turn off my firewall in Windows. Right away my computer sees the connection and I connect to the Internet, turn firewall back on and remain connected. After updating my virus definitions I restart. When it comes back up, again no connection. I try the firewall off trick again this time nothing. Any ideas?

Millerkd, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection) - Similar Threads - Security firewall settings

2. Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the WI-FI internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-or-firewall-settings-might-be-blocking/6a044fa2-9a3c-4d14-a885-d0442f9f5b51
  3. Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the WI-FI internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-or-firewall-settings-might-be-blocking/6a044fa2-9a3c-4d14-a885-d0442f9f5b51
  4. Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?: CrowdStrike falcon blocking internet access from every where. i can't even update windows.here are the detail provide by the troubleshooter:-Diagnostics information Network SecurityDetails about network security diagnosis:Settings that might be blocking the...
  6. security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?

security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?: CrowdStrike falcon blocking internet access from every where. i can't even update windows.here are the detail provide by the troubleshooter:-Diagnostics information Network SecurityDetails about network security diagnosis:Settings that might be blocking the...
  7. security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection": The Internet works on my phone, but on my laptop the only site that works is Google and I can’t go on YouTube or Outlook or Gmail or anything like that. I run the troubleshooter and it said that ‘security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection’. That’s all I...
  9. "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"

"Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection": The Internet works on my phone, but on my laptop the only site that works is Google and I can’t go on YouTube or Outlook or Gmail or anything like that. I run the troubleshooter and it said that ‘security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection’. That’s all I...
  10. Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection?!?!?!: On a brand new pc, had it for a couple months, and this error hit me out of nowhere. The internet works fine on my laptop and my phone, so I know its not the internet. I tried: Disabling the antivirus as well as the firewall Uninstalling/reinstalling my network adapter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi connected but security firewall blocking

2. security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection

3. Security policy settings or firewall settings on this computer might be blocking the connection.

4. security or firewall blocking connection,
  5. Security policy settings or firewall settings on this computer might be blocking the connection. Contact your network administrator Completed Your network security settings might need to be adjusted to allow Windows to connect. ,
  6. network security settings need to be adjusted,
  7. on this computer might be blocking the connectionsecurity policy settings or firewall settings ,
  8. security policy settings or firewall settings on this computer might be blocking the connection.contact your network administrator completedyour network security settings might need to be adjusted to allow windows to,
  9. windows security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection,
  10. security or firewall settings may be blocking,
  11. firewal;l blocking phone,
  12. SECURITY SETTINGS LOCKING CONNECTION LAPTOP,
  13. how to solve security or firewall blocking connection,
  14. firewall stopping internet connection,
  15. security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection internet