Windows 10: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi

Discus and support Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the WI-FI internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paola Andrea Rojas, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi

Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the WI-FI internet

:)

Paola Andrea Rojas, Apr 15, 2024

2. "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"

ive just arrived in China from London and tryig to connect to the hotel wifi and although it has full bars my laptop wont connect. When troubleshooting it says "windows cant communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)" and also "security
    or firewall settings might be blocking the connection". I can connect to the wifi perfectly on my phone so its not the wifi.

Can someone PLEASE help as I really need to

use the internet on my laptop here.

Thanks Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi :)

melissaannewebb, Apr 15, 2024
  3. "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"

Hi Melissa,

There are instances when a firewall automatically blocks a connection to the network particularly if it’s a network which is quite far from your usual location. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking this support article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10. The said article has steps which directs you on properly disabling
    firewall. Aside from that, it has other troubleshooting options that could help us resolve the issue.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Apr 15, 2024
  4. Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi

Hello, I've created firewall rules to block several remote ip addresses for inbound connections and Windows firewall 11 is ignoring my custom firewall rules

Hello,

Based on the information you provided, it seems like you have already created custom firewall rules to block several remote IP addresses for inbound connections, but they are not working as expected. You also mentioned that you are still receiving unwanted emails from these IP addresses.

I found a thread on the Microsoft Community forum that discusses a similar issue. One user suggested that you should check if the Windows Firewall service is running and set to start automatically. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type “services.msc” and press Enter.
    3. Scroll down to find the “Windows Firewall” service.
    4. Check if the service is running and set to start automatically. If not, right-click on the service and select “Properties”. Change the “Startup type” to “Automatic” and click “OK”.

If the service is already running and set to start automatically, you can try resetting the Windows Firewall settings to their default values. Here’s how:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type “cmd” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open an elevated Command Prompt.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter: netsh advfirewall reset
    4. Restart your computer.

Please note that resetting the Windows Firewall settings will remove all custom rules that you have created. You will need to recreate them after resetting the settings.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules - Microsoft Community

Windows Firewall rules - Windows Security | Microsoft Learn

Yu Kikuchi, Apr 15, 2024
Thema:

Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi

1. Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi - Similar Threads - Security Firewall settings

2. Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the WI-FI internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-or-firewall-settings-might-be-blocking/6a044fa2-9a3c-4d14-a885-d0442f9f5b51
  3. Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection WiFi: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the WI-FI internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-or-firewall-settings-might-be-blocking/6a044fa2-9a3c-4d14-a885-d0442f9f5b51
  4. security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?: CrowdStrike falcon blocking internet access from every where. i can't even update windows.here are the detail provide by the troubleshooter:-Diagnostics information Network SecurityDetails about network security diagnosis:Settings that might be blocking the...
  5. security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?

security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?: CrowdStrike falcon blocking internet access from every where. i can't even update windows.here are the detail provide by the troubleshooter:-Diagnostics information Network SecurityDetails about network security diagnosis:Settings that might be blocking the...
  6. security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection": The Internet works on my phone, but on my laptop the only site that works is Google and I can’t go on YouTube or Outlook or Gmail or anything like that. I run the troubleshooter and it said that ‘security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection’. That’s all I...
  8. "Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection"

"Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection": The Internet works on my phone, but on my laptop the only site that works is Google and I can’t go on YouTube or Outlook or Gmail or anything like that. I run the troubleshooter and it said that ‘security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection’. That’s all I...
  9. Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection?!?!?!: On a brand new pc, had it for a couple months, and this error hit me out of nowhere. The internet works fine on my laptop and my phone, so I know its not the internet. I tried: Disabling the antivirus as well as the firewall Uninstalling/reinstalling my network adapter...
  10. Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection (Ethernet connection): Hi. I have looked every where for a solution to this problem and I haven't been able to find an answer that has worked. I don't have this issue when I use my laptop via WiFi, but my desktop computer doesn't have WiFi and the problem is with the Ethernet connection only. I...