Windows 10: Security pin

Discus and support Security pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason microsoft is making me use a six digit pin all of a sudden when I've been using a four digit ever since I had my pc. It's not letting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdamTripi, Aug 10, 2020.

1. AdamTripi Win User

Security pin

For some reason microsoft is making me use a six digit pin all of a sudden when I've been using a four digit ever since I had my pc. It's not letting me change it to a four digit pin when I go to change the pin.

:)

AdamTripi, Aug 10, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 10, 2020
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 10, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Security pin

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Security pin

1. Security pin - Similar Threads - Security pin

2. Account locked for 30 days and Microsoft security update invalidated my pin.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account locked for 30 days and Microsoft security update invalidated my pin.: On September 18, 2020 I changed my phone number, as I had gotten a new phone, and discovered this setting one day. Thinking I was doing the right thing in updating my information on my Microsoft account, I changed the phone number. After all, the old phone, along with the...
  3. Need change win 10 login password. Have PIN. Am logged in. no prompt to reset or security...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need change win 10 login password. Have PIN. Am logged in. no prompt to reset or security...: i'm trying to network something and its asking for password - no pin option. I set my PC to auto log in years ago. and even then i have it set up to take pin and password. i'm in 'sign in options' and i get options to change password - but i have to know it first -...
  4. Is there any way to make a local account password as secure as a PIN?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to make a local account password as secure as a PIN?: I'm setting up a new laptop for myself and need to make some decisions regarding how to log in to the laptop. There are clearly a lot of upsides to PINs. Recently I read online that A password is transmitted to the server -- it can be intercepted in transmission or stolen...
  5. Security device credential manager PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security device credential manager PIN: Hi all, I tried running/installing apps in the windows. But the windows need my affirmation to run them. I try affirming by PIN or password which I use to log in the windows, but It couldn't work. You can see more details on the photo I don't know how to solve it although...
  6. can windows 10 pro use face+finger+pin+key to create an extra secure log on to windows 10 pro?

can windows 10 pro use face+finger+pin+key to create an extra secure log on to windows 10 pro?: is it possible to use face recognition and finger print scan and key and pin simultaneously to create the ultimate secure login to windows 10 pro? it would be extremely hard to hack all four at once to break into someones windows program. it could be the new most secure...
  7. Due to updated security your PIN is no longer available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Due to updated security your PIN is no longer available: Hi, last night I updated my laptop and I tried to log in only to see that my PIN was no longer available. Unfortunately for me, I forgot my Outlook password, and my Outlook account is the one connected to my log in. I filled in the form they gave me to reset, and I dont have...
  8. Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN

Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN: PIN no longer available due to a change in security settings on a MS Surface laptop. I am told I have to set up a new PIN but I can't get into the laptop to get to settings and reset the PIN. How am I to do this? This is a refurbished laptop with a new warranty....
  9. your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings: I just bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad S145. I used it for a week and then it had a system update. At the log in screen this message pop up: "your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings" and the only option is to change pin via Outlook sign in,...
  10. Windows 10 Organization controlling pin/security

Windows 10 Organization controlling pin/security: On my surface pro 6, I am being forced to change my pin intermittently and it has to be at least 6 characters long, but on my pc at home under the same account I have had the same 4 digit pin for ages with nothing wrong. Why is this happening? I don't mind it being 6 digits...