Windows 10: Security pin

Discus and support Security pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason microsoft is making me use a six digit pin all of a sudden when I've been using a four digit ever since I had my pc. It's not letting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdamTripi, Aug 10, 2020.

1. AdamTripi Win User

Security pin

For some reason microsoft is making me use a six digit pin all of a sudden when I've been using a four digit ever since I had my pc. It's not letting me change it to a four digit pin when I go to change the pin.

:)

AdamTripi, Aug 10, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 10, 2020
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 10, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Security pin

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Security pin

1. Security pin - Similar Threads - Security pin

2. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  3. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  4. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  5. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  6. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  7. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  8. Why when I add a security key on an account, Windows asks me to add a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I add a security key on an account, Windows asks me to add a pin.: When I add a security key to an account like Google or Microsoft, it asks me to add a pin to it when I don't want to, How do you fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-add-a-security-key-on-an-account/aad262ad-0564-41a1-83b4-b8ea81d85f5e
  9. Why when I add a security key on an account, Windows asks me to add a pin.

Why when I add a security key on an account, Windows asks me to add a pin.: When I add a security key to an account like Google or Microsoft, it asks me to add a pin to it when I don't want to, How do you fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-add-a-security-key-on-an-account/aad262ad-0564-41a1-83b4-b8ea81d85f5e
  10. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac