Windows 10: Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options

Discus and support Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In the Sign-in options, on my new laptop, all of the Windows Hello options are not available - and the message below is there in red letters. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RobertHodge1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options

In the Sign-in options, on my new laptop, all of the Windows Hello options are not available - and the message below is there in red letters. I don't know how to sort this out and feel pretty rubbish about spending £1300 on a laptop that now doesn't work properly within a few hours. I did set up windows hello and it worked for a while. Now it doesn't.

Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options

:)

RobertHodge1, Apr 8, 2020
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options

Sign-In options security policies

I'm having problem removing required sign-in from Windows 10. In options it says that security policies on this PC are pereventing changing this settings. See attached picture. How can I change those security polices and which ones?

Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options 69a898d4-6154-4996-b391-d2cd2df494e9.png

LaLeLiLuLo555, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options

1. Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options - Similar Threads - Security policies are

2. Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For...: Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-organizations-policies-are-preventing-us-from/44e473d0-07f1-415f-8803-a3a1cf58d4db
  3. Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For...: Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-organizations-policies-are-preventing-us-from/44e473d0-07f1-415f-8803-a3a1cf58d4db
  4. "Security policies on this pc"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Security policies on this pc": I recently just set up a password for my account on my laptop local account and noticed how every time my computer went to sleep, I had to re-enter my password to sign in to my account. I tried to go to the sign in options in the settings app to disable the password...
  5. "Security policies on this pc"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Security policies on this pc": I recently just set up a password for my account on my laptop local account and noticed how every time my computer went to sleep, I had to re-enter my password to sign in to my account. I tried to go to the sign in options in the settings app to disable the password...
  6. your pc's power settings are preventing some options from being shown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    your pc's power settings are preventing some options from being shown: This started because opening the PC does not invoke a lock screen. I want a lock screen.So then: Sign-in options => Require sign-in presents the title statement.Nothing I have read online allows changes to force the lock screen on returning from "sleep".No other PC running...
  7. Security Policies Preventing Removing my Password?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security Policies Preventing Removing my Password?!: Context/Information of my issue: My PC (running Windows 10) is a personal PC with only one administrative account (which is mine). About a year ago, there was a pop-up that I had to "change my password", once I did, a non-removable password was placed on my PC which is very...
  8. Windows 10 Home Security policies on t his PC are preventing you from changing this setting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Home Security policies on t his PC are preventing you from changing this setting: My computer purchased in April 2020 did not require a password except on re-start and allowed me to use a PIN. But today it said I had to change my password, which I did, and now it requires a password every time it goes to sleep and it will not let me change this as the...
  9. "Windows Hello is preventing some of these options from showing"

"Windows Hello is preventing some of these options from showing": I have been working on my computer trying to get windows hello to work for the past hour. I bought my HP envy in September 2019 so I do not think it is an older software version issue. I have also gone into the device manager and reinstalled the software for my fingerprint...
  10. windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed

windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed: windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed - what does this mean? im having problems with my password and passcode, does anyone have any idea whats going on? I am using a surface pro 6...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 security policies on this pc are preventing

2. windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed

3. your pcs power settings are preventing some options from being shown

4. security policies on this pc are preventing some options from being shown