Windows 10: Security Policies Preventing Removing my Password?!

Discus and support Security Policies Preventing Removing my Password?! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Context/Information of my issue: My PC (running Windows 10) is a personal PC with only one administrative account (which is mine). About a year ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lavanicsan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Security Policies Preventing Removing my Password?!

Context/Information of my issue: My PC (running Windows 10) is a personal PC with only one administrative account (which is mine). About a year ago, there was a pop-up that I had to "change my password", once I did, a non-removable password was placed on my PC which is very annoying, and I'd rather have no password at all. When trying to remove said password in sign-in options/settings the "Require sign-in" setting is greyed out completely and red text says "Authentication is required when this PC wakes up from sleep. Security Policies on this PC are preventing you from changing this setting." (see attached photo). This whole issue is very strange as none of the recommended fixes have worked, I'm an admin, and there are no other accounts on my computer. If anyone has any helpful insight, please let me know!

submitted by /u/Lavanicsan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lavanicsan, Feb 21, 2021

2. Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Reset Security Policies after removing EAS Account

I have just discovered this onerous bug. Microsoft needs to fix this! Once you enable an EAS account in the mail app, even removing the account does not allow you to revert your security settings. I have removed all MS accounts, now sign in with a local
    account, fully reset all Group Policies, verified in every power option and policy option that password is not required when waking yet still it is RED and won't allow you to change. The best I could get is disabling the "Require a password when a computer
    wakes" option in Group Policy but all this did is change the red text from "Password required when waking this PC from sleep. Security policies are preventing you from changing this setting." to " "Password required when waking this PC from sleep. " So it
    removed the 'security policies are preventing you' text but it was still red and still unable to be changed.

So once you enable an EAS account, you are looking at a reload to remove these policies. Good job Microsoft! And this was easy in 8.1 with "Reset Security Policies" in the User Account section of the Control Panel. We had the ability to do this in 8.1 and
    I have no idea why MS would remove it in 10.

Microsoft put it back!!! We shouldn't have to reload after removing an EAS account!

RobMiller86, Feb 21, 2021
  4. begro89 Win User

Security Policies Preventing Removing my Password?!

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Security Policies Preventing Removing my Password?!

1. Security Policies Preventing Removing my Password?! - Similar Threads - Security Policies Preventing

2. Password policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy: I searched Can I sign into Windows without a password? in MS Support.I accessed an article that claimsYou can also change password policy so that you don't need to enter your password each time you wake the PC from sleep. On the Sign-in options page, under Password policy,...
  3. Password policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password policy: I searched Can I sign into Windows without a password? in MS Support.I accessed an article that claimsYou can also change password policy so that you don't need to enter your password each time you wake the PC from sleep. On the Sign-in options page, under Password policy,...
  4. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  5. No removal policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No removal policy: [ATTACH] Hi all I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and every time without exception when I use the icon in the system tray to remove the hardware safely it tells me the phone is still in use and can't be removed safely. So I tried to change the option under Policies...
  6. Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Security policies on this PC are preventing you from choosing some options: In the Sign-in options, on my new laptop, all of the Windows Hello options are not available - and the message below is there in red letters. I don't know how to sort this out and feel pretty rubbish about spending £1300 on a laptop that now doesn't work properly within a few...
  7. local security policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security policies: i am unable to find local policies . i have tried gpedit.msc or secpol.msc but an error message occures every time . what do i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-policies/a1fcf504-90ad-4780-a8c1-8afd19e7e6e0
  8. Official Security Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Official Security Policy: I am trying to find the official Microsoft Security Policy listed in the Online Service Terms document? Is this available for download somewhere? Microsoft will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Customer Data and Personal...
  9. Remove policies in my device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove policies in my device: Hello Folks! there is always a "some settings are managed by your org" message popping up after the upgrade. I have used once my device for the company use and then I have removed the MDM . but still, it shows some policies exist in the system. Could you please Advice...
  10. Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local security policy: I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?...