Windows 10: security policy blocks access to NAS

Discus and support security policy blocks access to NAS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Suddenly, when trying to access files stored on my NAS I am block by some issue with security policies.No idea what caused this. Have not installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Len Goodwin Len, Feb 20, 2024.

1. security policy blocks access to NAS

Suddenly, when trying to access files stored on my NAS I am block by some issue with security policies.No idea what caused this. Have not installed anything new in over a week and this hppened just now.

:)

Len Goodwin Len, Feb 20, 2024
  2. Teramoto Win User

nas access problem

Thank you for replying. I tried your suggestion, but there was no useful result. Actually I submitted this question in the US site. There was a little bit more useful reply. The suggestion was to delete winsock and winsock2 entries in the registry, followed
    by

installing the IP4 TCP/IP tunneling protocol. I tried this. However, the installation of the IP4 TCP/IP tunneling protocol was blocked by a group policy. I edited the group policies of the probable entries to allow this installation. But, the problem was
    not solved --- blocking by group policy persisted. I finally gave up and I changed the network configuration so that the NAS and the Windows PC are in the same network address. This solved the problem as expected.

Yoshiki

Teramoto, Feb 20, 2024
  3. begro89 Win User
    Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Feb 20, 2024
  4. security policy blocks access to NAS

Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 20, 2024
Thema:

security policy blocks access to NAS

1. security policy blocks access to NAS - Similar Threads - security policy blocks

2. Gaming block policy also blocks notifications settings access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming block policy also blocks notifications settings access: Hello, my organization blocks access to Gaming mode on our Windows 11 corporate owned machines. We have recently discovered that it is likely also blocking user access to Notifications Settings. They can click on the button, but nothing happens. Found the following article:...
  3. Gaming block policy also blocks notifications settings access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming block policy also blocks notifications settings access: Hello, my organization blocks access to Gaming mode on our Windows 11 corporate owned machines. We have recently discovered that it is likely also blocking user access to Notifications Settings. They can click on the button, but nothing happens. Found the following article:...
  4. security policy blocks access to NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security policy blocks access to NAS: Suddenly, when trying to access files stored on my NAS I am block by some issue with security policies.No idea what caused this. Have not installed anything new in over a week and this hppened just now....
  5. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  6. Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access": Hello! This is mostly for my own curiosity. We have a vendor that installed a new server on our network. The software install is done by going to \\servername to access a share and run an installer. It doesn't ask for credentials it's not on the domain, but the workstations...
  7. Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder

Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder: Hi, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to Build 19041. Using NAS EX4100. I added my user "mazhar" in NAS, it is associated with folder "mazhar". User mazhar has full read\write access to folder mazhar. Now after windows upgrade i am able to access Public folder without any...
  8. Windows 10 version 2004 - Organizations security policies block unauthenticated guest access

Windows 10 version 2004 - Organizations security policies block unauthenticated guest access: I just updated to version 2004 and receive the following error: Organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access. I've been able to access this share on all previous versions by editing the Lanman "Enabled insecure guest logins" and worked great. I've...
  9. You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block...

You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block...: I have updated to windows 10, version 2004. Now on accessing shared folder I'm getting message "You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access. These policies help protect your PC from unsafe or malicious...
  10. Cannot access a secured share on a NAS

Cannot access a secured share on a NAS: I have a NAS drive with both several unprotected folders and one protected folder. I have no trouble accessing the unprotected folders from Win10, but I cannot get access to the protected one. If I click on the secure folder from File Explorer I get the popup [img] I...