Windows 10: security pop up warning

Discus and support security pop up warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My other laptop just had a pop up warning from windows defender security center, that advises not shutting down the device , the system has been locked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidVitale4, May 18, 2022.

1. security pop up warning

My other laptop just had a pop up warning from windows defender security center, that advises not shutting down the device , the system has been locked down, to contact windows support. I know this is some sort of malware but not sure how to proceed with shutting down the popup

:)

DavidVitale4, May 18, 2022

2. Pop Up security warning

Good that you didn't click on anything and that you didn't call that number. That what you were seeing are fake alerts which try to trick you into calling some obscure companies who then will try to sell you their unneeded services/products.

Please read the following article which describes in detail various methods how to get out of such pop ups. The article also mentions methods how to prevent these kind of fake alerts.

In case you keep on getting these pop ups, it is recommended to run some scans as described here:

Suggestion to also take the time and to read:

Jsssssssss, May 18, 2022
  3. Smeed Win User
    Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning

Any kind of warnings/alerts which pop up in your browser are fake.

A scam.

If you can't close your browser in a normal way: Open Task Manager (press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard) and in the tab Processes end all browser processes.

Suggestion to read:

-
    Protect yourself from tech support scams

-
    Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

Lots of your browsing experience depends on your own habits and actions. A good ad blocker definitely helps and should prevent these types of pop ups.

Personally I use uBlock Origin.

Suggestion to read:
    How to tighten security and increase privacy on your browser - Malwarebytes Labs | Malwarebytes Labs

In addition you might want to run some scans with Malwarebytes, Emsisoft, see this

List of Malware Removal Tools

and AdwCleaner, see here:
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/

You might also want to reset your browser, see if you have any weird extensions/add-ons...

Smeed, May 18, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

security pop up warning

Getting this security warning

security pop up warning [​IMG]
    Warning That is most definitely a scam, whatever you do don't call that number, don't allow that page open pop-ups!

You said that page will open every time you open Edge. That might be because the site has added it to the list of pages that opens whenever Edge is launched. I've see this happen when user has accidentally visited a not too safe site. Check that list first, if the page is there remove it by clicking the X after the site address. See screenshot:

security pop up warning [​IMG]

Thema:

security pop up warning

1. security pop up warning - Similar Threads - security pop warning

2. Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning: I received a Windows defender security center warning that states my computer has been locked up due to my IP address being used without my knowledge. The audio message says to call 217-282-5011. I presume this is a scam. How do I get rid of this box that popped up and...
  3. Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning: I received a Windows defender security center warning that states my computer has been locked up due to my IP address being used without my knowledge. The audio message says to call 217-282-5011. I presume this is a scam. How do I get rid of this box that popped up and...
  4. security pop up warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security pop up warning: My other laptop just had a pop up warning from windows defender security center, that advises not shutting down the device , the system has been locked down, to contact windows support. I know this is some sort of malware but not sure how to proceed with shutting down the...
  5. security pop up warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security pop up warning: My other laptop just had a pop up warning from windows defender security center, that advises not shutting down the device , the system has been locked down, to contact windows support. I know this is some sort of malware but not sure how to proceed with shutting down the...
  6. Pop-up Ransomware Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop-up Ransomware Warning: The other day, I clicked on a link for an interesting article. I was pinged with a supposed ransomware attack. Knowing everything that I know about computers, I immediately clicked CTRL ALT DEL together to bring up Task Manager and ended the task. You will not be able to...
  7. Pop ups on security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop ups on security: Anyone know what this is and how to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-on-security/4d9a029b-fcb9-4001-811d-0f0d748fe51e
  8. A security pop up?!!!!

A security pop up?!!!!: I dont know what is going on! I was just studying and this popped up! I tried calling the help part of microsoft and the security portion but its after hours! Someone plz help ! How do i get rid of this ?? [IMG]...
  9. System Keeper - A Pop Up Security Warning

System Keeper - A Pop Up Security Warning: I received a warning that my system was infected by two viruses. I have a Surface Book 2 and thought the security protection was enough. Do I need to install another security app...
  10. Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning

Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning: For sometime I have been getting a security warning as mentioned in the subject bar. It says 'server vauntedtwo.pw' is asking for name and password. Says the URL has been blocked by an official govt agency, and list some Copyright Act of 1957 section code violations. I click...