Windows 10: Security preventing document downloads.

Discus and support Security preventing document downloads. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My security will not allow me to download documents from web sites. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PatTESSMER, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Security preventing document downloads.

My security will not allow me to download documents from web sites. How do I fix this?

:)

PatTESSMER, Oct 20, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Oct 20, 2020
  4. StefanM Win User

Security preventing document downloads.

StefanM, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Security preventing document downloads.

1. Security preventing document downloads. - Similar Threads - Security preventing document

2. Downloads Is Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Is Documents: I don't know what I did but the downloads folder is the same as the documents, I've been trying to fix it for 2 hours but I've accomplished nothing... Please Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-is-documents/478db130-b902-40a2-8084-44cc4c326e21
  3. Downloads Is Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Is Documents: I don't know what I did but the downloads folder is the same as the documents, I've been trying to fix it for 2 hours but I've accomplished nothing... Please Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-is-documents/478db130-b902-40a2-8084-44cc4c326e21
  4. Download and My Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download and My Documents: Hello,I have a problem with windows 10,My Downloads & My Documents.location seem to always be updating and merging with each other.I have a folder on my Drive D for my documents called "documents"and a folder on my Drive F for my downloadswhen ever i set any of the windows...
  5. Downloads/documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads/documents: Why did my downloads, documents and pictures disappear when Windows 10 was updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloadsdocuments/d3b51cb5-4c59-4921-848a-19f8eb213d80
  6. Documents and Downloads Folder

Documents and Downloads Folder: I have a problem, my documents and downloads folder is merged, they have the same name and I can't separate them. When I try to restore them to their default location, they both change their location. [ATTACH]...
  7. Documents and Downloads

Documents and Downloads: Where have all my Documents and Downloads gone? There are only a few left from 2018. Window 10 recently undated after many failed attempts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-and-downloads/26e9d0bb-3401-453a-82fc-6c5eb24dd4c9
  8. Local Downlevel Document preventing printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Downlevel Document preventing printing: I have a user, who if he reboots his PC (for any reason), when he logs back in, and tries to print a document, two files will show up. The file he needs to print, and a "Local Downlevel Document" file. That LDD file will not print and locks up the queue until I remove the...
  9. Downloading documents

Downloading documents: Since the last Windows update, if I download a document, it saves it as a web page link rather than as a pdf document on my computer. I can't save as or print to pdf. I don't know what's going on. I thought it was my avg as it was opening things in an avg browser. I got...
  10. Downloaded documents

Downloaded documents: I run W10. When I had W7 Pro I could "Save As" and poke the web doc / page etc. straight to my selected folder; but now that option doesn't appear, and stuff goes straight to the "Download" folder (which I NEVER look at, as it's irrelevant) thus necessitating an extra step...