Windows 10: Security problem, my computer never asks me for my pin because it never enters sleep mode

Discus and support Security problem, my computer never asks me for my pin because it never enters sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This for me is a big security issue. But I think I have a clue that might help. I use an HP printer with Instant Ink Service so my printer is always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lostinspaceQF, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Security problem, my computer never asks me for my pin because it never enters sleep mode

This for me is a big security issue. But I think I have a clue that might help. I use an HP printer with Instant Ink Service so my printer is always on. However, if I turn the printer off, then my sleep mode system works properly and the next time I return to my computer I have to enter my pin. But I don't know how to fix this when I turn my printer back on and leave it on. This never used to happen before. I believe the problem started about 3 weeks ago.

Update history:

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004 8/13/2020

Cumulative Update for >NET Framework 3.5 & 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 KB4576478 9/10/2020

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based systems KB4571756 9/10/2020

Intel System Driver Update 9/19/2017 11.7.0.1000, Installed 9/30/2020

Several weeks ago I tried setting all my power and sleep setting to default but that didn't help. Any ideas?

:)

lostinspaceQF, Oct 9, 2020

2. DELL inspiron enter to sleep condition and ask the pin code

DELL inspiron enter to sleep condition and ask the pin code

מיכאלקריו, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 9, 2020
  4. coopfab Win User

Security problem, my computer never asks me for my pin because it never enters sleep mode

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Security problem, my computer never asks me for my pin because it never enters sleep mode

1. Security problem, my computer never asks me for my pin because it never enters sleep mode - Similar Threads - Security problem computer

2. Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep: I have a Dell XPS 8940 and running Windows 11 Home.I set the sleep setting to 15 minutes. However after some time I notice that it gets automatically flipped back to Never on its own! I tried multiple times to change that setting to enable sleep, and it does indeed work for a...
  3. Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Automatically Flips to "Never" Sleep: I have a Dell XPS 8940 and running Windows 11 Home.I set the sleep setting to 15 minutes. However after some time I notice that it gets automatically flipped back to Never on its own! I tried multiple times to change that setting to enable sleep, and it does indeed work for a...
  4. Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode: I'm having another problem with my new laptop.I have Windows 10. When I first got the laptop, I was able to put it into sleep mode and it went fully to sleep. You could move the mouse, press any button, lift the lid... it didn't turn on. It was asleep until you pressed the...
  5. Cannot verify identity ask for pin that was never set.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot verify identity ask for pin that was never set.: A few years back I set up my mothering law laptop from new. WEcopied down and the user name and password. AND DID NOT SET A PIN. From time to time BT force her to change her email password,no issues change the password then update in windows. But this time we cannot...
  6. Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.

Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.: This issue is driving me crazy! My Hello Pin is being requested and i have never set it up or added a PIN. YES - i have access to and signed into my Microsoft account and updated my details and passwords, but when i try to access my windows Hello Pin i still have the same...
  7. My computer is now demanding a PIN I never set.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer is now demanding a PIN I never set.: I have always logged into my computer using a password. I never set up a pin. I chose this option at install. Now, it's asking me for a PIN. Since I don't have a PIN that I know of, I click "Forgot my Pin" I enter my microsoft account password, and it gives me the...
  8. The Security intelligence never updates for me

The Security intelligence never updates for me: it somehow fixed itself once and now its doing it again, where it will infinity load and never start a update, please help fix this, i am tired of this stupid problem...
  9. Windows 10 never goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 never goes to sleep mode: Hi, I have a strange power settings problem with my Win 10. 1. If I set the time to sleep to anything except non "never", it goes to sleep mode after 2 mins if unattended, no matter if I have anything running in the background. 2. If I specify "System unattended sleep...
  10. "Cortana never sleeps"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Cortana never sleeps": I have Win 10 build 10147 and one of the things that's run amok is Cortana just pops up her head and says something like "somethings wrong please try again later". I am AFK watching TV when it happens. Nothing is running, that I can see. Its getting more frequent so I am...