Windows 10: Security programs for Windows 7

Discus and support Security programs for Windows 7 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; With Windows 7 support now scheduled to end Jan. 2020, will Windows Defender that i use for virus support still work, or do i have to subscribe to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GargarWO, May 4, 2019.

1. GargarWO Win User

Security programs for Windows 7

With Windows 7 support now scheduled to end Jan. 2020, will Windows Defender

that i use for virus support still work, or do i have to subscribe to Norton or other

programs, and will they even work to protect my computer on windows 7?

* Moved from Windows 7/Security

* Original title: Security programs

:)

GargarWO, May 4, 2019

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, May 4, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 4, 2019
  4. Security programs for Windows 7

suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

Hello,

I m using HP envy 3090nr laptop having windows 7 home premium.

I was using norton internet security previously which was very good, no virus problem so far.

But i want to know any other internet security which is better or similar and free?

Give your suggestions for best free as well as best paid internet security.

Also give your opinion for microsoft security essentials.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Security programs for Windows 7

1. Security programs for Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Security programs

2. Chrome Vulnerability Rewards Program Bigger Rewards for Security Bugs

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Vulnerability Rewards Program Bigger Rewards for Security Bugs: Chrome has always been built with security at its core, by a passionate worldwide community as part of the Chromium open source project. We're proud that community includes world class security researchers who help defend Chrome, and other Chromium based browsers. Back in...
  3. Security alert on C:\Program...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security alert on C:\Program...: Symantec Security Suite is warning me that the file video.ui.exe in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_10.19011.11311.0_x648wekyb3d8bbewe folder is not signed and has an "Unproven" trust level. Is this safe? If yes, why isn't Microsoft signing their code?...
  4. Security alert on C:\Program...

Security alert on C:\Program...: Symantec Security Suite is warning me that the file video.ui.exe in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_10.19011.11311.0_x648wekyb3d8bbewe folder is not signed and has an "Unproven" trust level. Is this safe? If yes, why isn't Microsoft signing their code?...
  5. existing security program

existing security program: How do I know if I should keep Norton or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/existing-security-program/5c77d255-ab84-41e9-ab4b-9c77a22f066c"
  6. Microsoft explains what is the Security Update Validation Program

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains what is the Security Update Validation Program: The Security Update Validation Program (SUVP) is a quality assurance testing program for Microsoft security updates, which are released on the second Tuesday of each month. The SUVP provides early access to Microsoft security updates—up to three weeks in advance of the...
  7. Windows Defender blocking Adobe updates and other programs as a Security 10

Windows Defender blocking Adobe updates and other programs as a Security 10: Everytime an update comes up it is blocked, now I cannot use these programs which is very frustrating as I need them for school and work. Does anyone know an easy way to fix this problem. I have called the support line for technical help, but keep getting hung up on. A...
  8. Programs are removed after getting security updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs are removed after getting security updates: I needed help regarding my programs that are removed after Installing Update for Windows 10 1803. It created a Windows.old folder after getting the update. I was able to confirm that it's only an update since system restore is available after receiving the updates. I have...
  9. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.: Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were...
  10. How can I see the identified program in Windows Defender Security Center unauthorized...

How can I see the identified program in Windows Defender Security Center unauthorized...: the notification bar which pops out on the right displays notifications from various apps. For the Windows Defender, I activated alerts for my protected folders. I can see some notifications but when it lists the offending program - it is truncated with "..." and I can't...