Windows 10: Security programs for Windows 7

Discus and support Security programs for Windows 7 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; With Windows 7 support now scheduled to end Jan. 2020, will Windows Defender that i use for virus support still work, or do i have to subscribe to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GargarWO, May 4, 2019.

1. GargarWO Win User

Security programs for Windows 7

With Windows 7 support now scheduled to end Jan. 2020, will Windows Defender

that i use for virus support still work, or do i have to subscribe to Norton or other

programs, and will they even work to protect my computer on windows 7?

* Moved from Windows 7/Security

* Original title: Security programs

:)

GargarWO, May 4, 2019

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, May 4, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 4, 2019
  4. Security programs for Windows 7

suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

Hello,

I m using HP envy 3090nr laptop having windows 7 home premium.

I was using norton internet security previously which was very good, no virus problem so far.

But i want to know any other internet security which is better or similar and free?

Give your suggestions for best free as well as best paid internet security.

Also give your opinion for microsoft security essentials.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Security programs for Windows 7

1. Security programs for Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Security programs

2. Security programs question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security programs question: Is the Windows security that comes in win 10 pro pretty decent or should I get a different software program to install? Thanks! *Smile 161467
  3. "Check apps and files" disabled in Windows Security, but still cannot open the programs I...

"Check apps and files" disabled in Windows Security, but still cannot open the programs I...: I have been doing some coding puzzles in C. Since I have an expensive desktop, it feels a little silly pulling out my MacBook Air every time I want to code. If only it were as easy to code on Windows as it is in my Mac. I enjoy writing code in a text editor then compiling...
  4. Can't allow program to run through windows security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't allow program to run through windows security: So I'm on windows 10 pro and I can't figure out how to allow a program to run that is being blocked by windows security, I looked it up and it says to go to virus and threat protection but when I go there it doesn't look like it should, there's nothing there saying allow...
  5. Is there any antivirus & internet security program compatible with surface X

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any antivirus & internet security program compatible with surface X: Is there any antivirus & internet security program compatible with surface X https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-antivirus-internet-security-program/5581d475-2faa-424a-8829-2122b030689a
  6. microsoft security program

microsoft security program: On a new windows 10 laptop do you need a security program other than the one installed by Microsoft ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-security-program/f8e559b0-68ef-4f28-944e-3dfe837032ce
  7. security program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security program: was wondering if I need additional security now that I have Windows 10. I just upgraded from Windows 7 and had Trend Security with the Windows 7. Is it necessary to have this additional security??...
  8. topaz Impression 2 "For Security, Program will exit"

topaz Impression 2 "For Security, Program will exit": How I can fix that? Topaz Impression was working for me always until I changed my Dell 24" with 1920x1440 monitor to a newer 27" ultra sharp with 2560x1440. Now the Security program will exit pop up. I reinstalled Topaz but still the same. I have Win 10 64 bit. Please...
  9. The Windows 7 Extended Security Update program is now available

in Windows 10 News
    The Windows 7 Extended Security Update program is now available: Microsoft will end support for the company's Windows 7 operating system on January 14, 2020, the same day that security updates are made available for the last time for the operating system. While there are not any official options for home users of Windows 7 to extend...
  10. Microsoft creating Rust-based programming language for secure coding

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft creating Rust-based programming language for secure coding: Microsoft can't throw away old Windows code, but the company's research under Project Verona is aiming to make Windows 10 more secure with its recent work on integrating Mozilla-developed Rust for low-level Windows components. The company recently revealed that its trials...