Windows 10: SEcurity protection for PC

Discus and support SEcurity protection for PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it advisable generally to upgrade security on 10 and get protection beyond the preinstalled Wwindows Defender? I know this is a general question... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulforch, Jun 27, 2019.

1. paulforch Win User

SEcurity protection for PC

Is it advisable generally to upgrade security on 10 and get protection beyond the preinstalled Wwindows Defender? I know this is a general question but not sure if the Defender protection is more than barely adequate to provide viral protection,avoid phishing scams, malware and ransomware, etc. Help>

:)

paulforch, Jun 27, 2019
  2. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. SEcurity protection for PC - Similar Threads - SEcurity protection

2. Virus and threat protection not showing, security health file missing , windows security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection not showing, security health file missing , windows security...: Virus and threat protection not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-not-showing-security/c8f82056-bf1c-4504-85f8-a326b350885b
  3. Virus and threat protection not showing, security health file missing , windows security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and threat protection not showing, security health file missing , windows security...: Virus and threat protection not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-not-showing-security/c8f82056-bf1c-4504-85f8-a326b350885b
  4. Can Access To Virus & Threat Protection In Windows Security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Access To Virus & Threat Protection In Windows Security.: After I reset my computer and signed in with my Microsoft Account, I can no longer access Virus & Threat Protection in Windows Security. It always allows " Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried access is not available ". My...
  5. Can Access To Virus & Threat Protection In Windows Security.

Can Access To Virus & Threat Protection In Windows Security.: After I reset my computer and signed in with my Microsoft Account, I can no longer access Virus & Threat Protection in Windows Security. It always allows " Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried access is not available ". My...
  6. Why should I beleive that the Microsoft Windows Security Update KB2267602 will protect my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why should I beleive that the Microsoft Windows Security Update KB2267602 will protect my...: Why should I beleive that the Microsoft Windows Security Update KB2267602 will protect my computer because theis Update was installed on my Computer, once on 3/13, 3/12, 3/9, 3/8, 3/7, 3/6, 3/5, 3/2, 3/1 and twice on 3/11, 3/10, and 3/4? It has been updated 15 times since the...
  7. Why should I beleive that the Microsoft Windows Security Update KB2267602 will protect my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why should I beleive that the Microsoft Windows Security Update KB2267602 will protect my...: Why should I beleive that the Microsoft Windows Security Update KB2267602 will protect my computer because theis Update was installed on my Computer, once on 3/13, 3/12, 3/9, 3/8, 3/7, 3/6, 3/5, 3/2, 3/1 and twice on 3/11, 3/10, and 3/4? It has been updated 15 times since the...
  8. Why should I beleive that the Microsoft Windows Security Update KB2267602 will protect my...

9. Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...: Hello,I fell foul of a program that was actually a package of viruses. I've since run eset nod32 online scanner which found over 40 threats, mainly trojans, and it's deleted them. But my PC has problems now.Windows Security service isn't running and the options to start,...
  10. Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...

Windows 10 - windows security service not running and real time protection off and greyed...: Hello,I fell foul of a program that was actually a package of viruses. I've since run eset nod32 online scanner which found over 40 threats, mainly trojans, and it's deleted them. But my PC has problems now.Windows Security service isn't running and the options to start,...