Windows 10: Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode

Discus and support Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I use an Administrator account with UAC in default. I was reading about Admin Approval and noticed that it is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by templar, Jul 16, 2019.

1. templar Win User

Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

I use an Administrator account with UAC in default. I was reading about Admin Approval and noticed that it is disabled. Should this be enabled? I noticed when it mentions this Admin Approval it says "Built-In" Administrator and I'm wondering if there is a difference between Administrator and Built-In Administrator? I get the UAC consent prompts so am I correct in saying I am protected?

Thanks!

:)

templar, Jul 16, 2019

2. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Steven Win User
    Automate UAC to not prompt for admin user/pass when app needs "run as administrator"

As I understand your question, UAC now prompts you for a username and password, and you would prefer to see a "Yes/No" UAC prompt instead.

Normally if you are not logged in as a local Administrator, the UAC prompt you for credentials. Otherwise, you will get the standard Yes/No (Admin Approval) UAC prompt.

This behavior can be changed in the Local Security Policy.

• Open the Local Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc (as an Administrator).
    • Navigate to the following: Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, Security Options
    • Check the policies starting User Account Control, specifically
      • Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode: Enabled
      • Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode: Prompt for consent for non-Windows binaries

Steven, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

MCHBAR read access failed

curious problem - i suggest doing what Easo has suggested with admin mode, otherwise try with UAC disabled (which does the same thing really)

Mussels, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode - Similar Threads - Security question UAC

2. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  3. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  4. Question about S mode!

Question about S mode!: I am trying to download adobe software on my HP laptop but anytime i try to download it I get a message that I will have to switch out of S mode first. Is switching out of S mode a good idea? What happens if I switch out of S mode and will it effect the functionality of the...
  5. Question about secure boot.

Question about secure boot.: Can I disable secure boot for some time and enable it again ? As i want to run a portable distro on my machine btw I am on a dell PC. So will disabling and enabling secure boot affect my PC in anyway ? Will it mess up windows ?...
  6. Security practice - standard and admin - UAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security practice - standard and admin - UAC: Hi, It is a good security practice to have standard account as primary account and only use admin account when elevated access needed. Is this the same as when i just turn on “maximum” notifications through UAC. This means i get prompt/notification when: - Application...
  7. A question about the Windows UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about the Windows UAC: I can't remember when and where I read it, but somehow I have in my mind the idea that UAC would "learn" which applications the user runs most of the time and then it would stop to pop up for them. Is this true? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 1903 (18362.10024) 143570
  8. A question about the Windows UAC

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about the Windows UAC: I can't remember when and where I read it, but somehow I have in my mind the idea that UAC would "learn" which applications the user runs most of the time and then it would stop to pop up for them. Is this true? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 1903 (18362.10024) 143570
  9. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...
  10. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...