Windows 10: Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode

Discus and support Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I use an Administrator account with UAC in default. I was reading about Admin Approval and noticed that it is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by templar, Jul 16, 2019.

1. templar Win User

Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

I use an Administrator account with UAC in default. I was reading about Admin Approval and noticed that it is disabled. Should this be enabled? I noticed when it mentions this Admin Approval it says "Built-In" Administrator and I'm wondering if there is a difference between Administrator and Built-In Administrator? I get the UAC consent prompts so am I correct in saying I am protected?

Thanks!

:)

templar, Jul 16, 2019

2. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Steven Win User
    Automate UAC to not prompt for admin user/pass when app needs "run as administrator"

As I understand your question, UAC now prompts you for a username and password, and you would prefer to see a "Yes/No" UAC prompt instead.

Normally if you are not logged in as a local Administrator, the UAC prompt you for credentials. Otherwise, you will get the standard Yes/No (Admin Approval) UAC prompt.

This behavior can be changed in the Local Security Policy.

• Open the Local Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc (as an Administrator).
    • Navigate to the following: Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, Security Options
    • Check the policies starting User Account Control, specifically
      • Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode: Enabled
      • Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode: Prompt for consent for non-Windows binaries

Steven, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

MCHBAR read access failed

curious problem - i suggest doing what Easo has suggested with admin mode, otherwise try with UAC disabled (which does the same thing really)

Mussels, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode - Similar Threads - Security question UAC

2. UAC security alert about apps accessing public networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UAC security alert about apps accessing public networks: Sometimes I open a program that wants to use the Internet and then get asked about authorisation to access a network and it's always been kind of confusing to me. The public network that the program wants to use is called the Internet, right? Why am I being asked about...
  3. about admin profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    about admin profile: when i run any thing as admin it asks me a password and when i enters it can't run as admin pleas help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/about-admin-profile/94d48730-e289-4ed8-838f-b9c5ea54998c
  4. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...
  5. UAC icon shield admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC icon shield admin: The number of name in reg is 29 but what is the number of the icon shield admin??, is for change it, thanks. 27551
  6. UAC prompt question

UAC prompt question: Found it - The dimming of your desktop is referred to as the secure desktop because other programs can't run while it's dimmed. User Account Control - MDSN Denis
  7. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...
  8. UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?: I'm new to windows 10, but am I missing something? I installed windows 10, did all my updates, then created a user account for me. My understanding is that it is better to run as a user than to always be logged in as admin day-to-day. But this is frustrating as programs...
  9. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  10. Admin question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin question: how can I make myself the admin on my PC? apparently during my download, I was added as a user and not the admin in windows 10. I cannot make any changes on it at all. there is no option for an admin anywhere. Help! 23023