Windows 10: Security question: does Windows 10 leak my wireless password ?

Discus and support Security question: does Windows 10 leak my wireless password ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro device. Yesterday morning, it attempted to connect to "my" wireless network but gave the following error: "Incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RedmondFanatic, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Security question: does Windows 10 leak my wireless password ?

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 Pro device. Yesterday morning, it attempted to connect to "my" wireless network but gave the following error: "Incorrect password". I checked with the router, but the router was in a strange state, it was clearly not working. So Windows 10 was trying to connect to another network with the same SSID? Did it send my wireless password to this unknown network?

I searched for one day on the internet to see if there is anything in the WPA2 protocol that authenticates a Wireless network before the devices connect to it. I was unable to find a clear answer. A vulnerability such as this would make wireless encryption hilariously useless.

:)

RedmondFanatic, Nov 21, 2017
  2. JRMolina Win User

System Analyzer

I was running a system analyzer using Webroot Security Complete on OS Windows 10, I got the following message;

An active process has a possible handle leak. (wrsa.exe)

Question is , what does it mean?

JRMolina, Nov 21, 2017
  3. }G{
    }g{ Win User
    Gmail account error code 0x80072726 Windows 10.

Security question: does Windows 10 leak my wireless password ? [​IMG]

I've tried everything listed on this site related to this error including all of the suggestions on this post. No dice.

No 3rd party security programs exist on the computer in question.

Windows 10 Mail only syncs when connected to an unsecured (public) network, such as a hospital or hotel. Does not sync when connected to my home wireless or any other password secured network (and no I am not making that a public network).

4. Security question: does Windows 10 leak my wireless password ?

Your password is never sent in plaintext over the network - only a temporary key derived from the password is used. The 4-way handshake ensures that both the client and AP must know the password before the client will attach (aside from bugs like KRACK). So what you saw may just be due to whatever happened to your router and not necessarily due to someone trying to impersonate your router.

See IEEE 802.11i-2004 - Wikipedia

PolarNettles, Nov 21, 2017
Thema:

Security question: does Windows 10 leak my wireless password ?

1. Security question: does Windows 10 leak my wireless password ? - Similar Threads - Security question does

2. Forgot my password and security questions in win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my password and security questions in win 10: Tried changed password through Microsoft sign in, it changed but iill can't access my laptop. It still says incorrect and hints at old password. What should i do???...
  3. Forgot my password and security questions in win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my password and security questions in win 10: Tried changed password through Microsoft sign in, it changed but iill can't access my laptop. It still says incorrect and hints at old password. What should i do???...
  4. Forgot my password and security questions in win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Change security questions for password recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change security questions for password recovery: Having difficulties with changing account security questions. Cannot find the option to change them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-security-questions-for-password-recovery/703cf5a3-4f6a-44f5-8d55-6705537d493a
  6. FORGOTTEN SECURITY QUESTIONS AND PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FORGOTTEN SECURITY QUESTIONS AND PASSWORD: Last night I lost access to my laptop via my fingerprint scanner. No idea what happened. I have a Lenovo C740 Yoga laptop The only way I can now logon to my laptop is via a Password or PIN number. I do not know either of these. To reset my Password, I can answer 3...
  7. Is my password leaked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is my password leaked?: I got a notification from MS authenticator said there was a attempt login from China. Of course not me, i denied right away. My question is does it mean this guy in China already have my password? Or he can just input any password to trigger my two step verification?...
  8. No password, no answers to the security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password, no answers to the security questions: I have a stand-alone pc no internet access I am trying to give away. Booting brings up the windows 10 pretty picture. Press any key asks for a password under the user name Name. When my wife was using this computer, there was no such user. We tried dozens of passwords. We...
  9. Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Security Questions for Windows 10 S Mode: Hello, I have an Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode and would like to add Security Questions for my password. I follow the instructions to click on Settings then Accounts then Sign-In Options. To the right I see that I can change my PIN, but I do not see anything along...
  10. See Wireless Network Security Key Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Wireless Network Security Key Password in Windows 10: How to: See Wireless Network Security Key Password in Windows 10 How to See Your Wireless Network Security Key Password in Windows 10 [img] Information When you SSID (network name), password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network....