Windows 10: Security Question: Reinstalled Norton, but deleted One Drive

Discus and support Security Question: Reinstalled Norton, but deleted One Drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Norton had to reinstall my security on this newer pc, but they had to delete Defender, & One Drive first in order to do it? Was this a good idea? The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rmo8235376, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Security Question: Reinstalled Norton, but deleted One Drive

Norton had to reinstall my security on this newer pc, but they had to delete Defender, & One Drive first in order to do it? Was this a good idea?
    The other pc was full of malware, which Norton does not address.

:)

rmo8235376, Jul 9, 2017
  2. KhanhTu Win User

Reinstall Norton security

After window 10 upgrade . Norton security being removed . Now, Norton tell me security is expired . Need to upgraded it. Do ineed to dothis. Thank you.

KhanhTu, Jul 9, 2017
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Security Question: Reinstalled Norton, but deleted One Drive

It will disable Defender and as long as it replaces One Drive that would be OK. Welcome to The Forum BTW!

Josey Wales, Jul 9, 2017
  5. Bastet Win User
    I've recently reinstalled Norton (not on a new computer) but never has it removed onedrive or defender, it will disable defender though.
    Even when I did a clean install of windows 10 & installed Norton it didn't remove anything.

Bastet, Jul 9, 2017
  6. Would it be a good idea to reinstall one drive & defender, (I think they handle malware, where norton does not), & just get rid of norton?

rmo8235376, Jul 9, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    OneDrive is Microsoft's cloud storage so afaik doesn't have anything to do with preventing/protecting from virus/malware attacks.
    Defender will be turned off by Norton as it's not recommended to run two av programs together, even if you turned on Defender's periodic scanning feature Norton will warn you to turn it off for this reason.
    You can download OneDrive but afaik Defender is built into Windows & can't be redownloaded.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Security Question: Reinstalled Norton, but deleted One Drive

1. Security Question: Reinstalled Norton, but deleted One Drive - Similar Threads - Security Question Reinstalled

2. Cannot delete Norton Security Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete Norton Security Files: Greetings all, I am having an issue with deleting my norton security files. What I have tried so far is in sequence of how I went about it. I am in my own PC and my user profile has admin rights. I did restart my laptop as well. OS is Win 11 Home, version 23H21. Attempted to...
  3. Cannot delete Norton Security Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Norton Security Files: Greetings all, I am having an issue with deleting my norton security files. What I have tried so far is in sequence of how I went about it. I am in my own PC and my user profile has admin rights. I did restart my laptop as well. OS is Win 11 Home, version 23H21. Attempted to...
  4. Norton Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security: Is Norton Security a scam? I called 411 and the Operator could not find ANY listing for Norton. I paid for a year subscription again last March. They get lost from my laptop more and more often and my brother a few years ago had to pay a man $500 Bank Debit card for him to...
  5. Norton security

Norton security: The instructions for putting a Norton icon on my desktop don't work. Cannot drag and drop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-security/f865366d-b89e-4b4d-8966-7777ec92d4be
  6. norton security

norton security: i have comcast for internet and they offer norton security for there antivirus protection. but i'm wondering if it is any better than what i have now. a few years ago i asked about virus program and some said to use the avast and ccleaner and malwarebytes and a few others but...
  7. Norton Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton Security: I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on taskbar this only gave...
  8. reinstall norton

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall norton: how to reinstall Norton after desktop reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-norton/215bd8ef-3971-4066-88a2-04d2ded59bdf
  9. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...
  10. one drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one drive question: I have read that you can edit files from onedrive even if you're not online , if so where these files are stored on the computer? 49044

Users found this page by searching for:

1. norton reinstall after unlinking one drive

2. is norton on one drive

3. restore norton security on one drive