Windows 10: security question

Discus and support security question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently had a message pop up on my computer from a company called Econosoft support. was told I needed a firewall installed. I installed it for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jobunce, Dec 17, 2018.

1. jobunce Win User

security question

I recently had a message pop up on my computer from a company called Econosoft support. was told I needed a firewall installed. I installed it for big $$$. My question is ; did I really need this and maybe I should cancel. I already have security through my Frontier phone and internet company and pay a monthly fee to maintain all of my computers and phones.

was this just their way to con me into a sale of their product? TY Jo Bunce

:)

jobunce, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Dec 17, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

security question

1. security question - Similar Threads - security question

2. Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint: Hi,I haven't used my laptop in a long time so I've forgotten my password. I tried resetting it but my answers to the security questions is incorrect. I managed to login via fingerprint and I have my MS acc setup but unable to reset my password.Is there anything I can do? Or...
  3. Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint: Hi,I haven't used my laptop in a long time so I've forgotten my password. I tried resetting it but my answers to the security questions is incorrect. I managed to login via fingerprint and I have my MS acc setup but unable to reset my password.Is there anything I can do? Or...
  4. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...: As the title says, I forgot all these things. The thing I remember are 3 letters, but do no remember other 3 numbers. My password consists of three letters and three numbers. As for the security questions, I vaguely remember the answers, but I would be able to answer them...
  5. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...: As the title says, I forgot all these things. The thing I remember are 3 letters, but do no remember other 3 numbers. My password consists of three letters and three numbers. As for the security questions, I vaguely remember the answers, but I would be able to answer them...
  6. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. 2 Questions - driver and security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Questions - driver and security: I don't know how familiar you all are with rawaccel, but there is a driver installed that I would like to remove named rawaccel.sys. It is not a windows driver, and last time I tried disabling it through autoruns it prevented my mouse from working? I moved the driver out of...
  8. 2 Questions - driver and security

2 Questions - driver and security: I don't know how familiar you all are with rawaccel, but there is a driver installed that I would like to remove named rawaccel.sys. It is not a windows driver, and last time I tried disabling it through autoruns it prevented my mouse from working? I moved the driver out of...
  9. Windows Security Health Service Memory Usage and Registry Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Health Service Memory Usage and Registry Question: lately, the Windows Security Health Service process in Task Manager has been using the most memory out of all my other processes excluding Chrome on my Windows 10 22H2 PC. I want to preface that I have not done anything suspicious, downloaded anything, or visited any sited...
  10. Windows Security Health Service Memory Usage and Registry Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Health Service Memory Usage and Registry Question: lately, the Windows Security Health Service process in Task Manager has been using the most memory out of all my other processes excluding Chrome on my Windows 10 22H2 PC. I want to preface that I have not done anything suspicious, downloaded anything, or visited any sited...