Windows 10: Security scam alert - continues to pop up while using internet explorer

Discus and support Security scam alert - continues to pop up while using internet explorer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A "Microsoft security alert" with a continuous alarm sound keeps popping up on my father's PC when he moves from page to page online. It is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ralph138, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Ralph138 Win User

Security scam alert - continues to pop up while using internet explorer

A "Microsoft security alert" with a continuous alarm sound keeps popping up on my father's PC when he moves from page to page online. It is redirecting to this page:

https://areuk2.ga/mamo-4046/Edge-416528/

How can I prevent this from happening now and help him to not click on suspicious links in the future?

Thank you

Windows 10 Home

Microsoft edge Version 81.0.416.86 Official build 64-bit

:)

Ralph138, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Internet Explorer 11 security alert pop ups

Hello Lisa,

To better assist you, can you please provide the complete message of the security alert pop up?

You may follow the steps below to disable the security warning:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Press Alt + X to open Tools, then select
      Internet Options
    • Click Security tab and Click Custom Level.
    • Go to Miscellaneous section.
    • Search Display mixed content, then change to Enable.

For more details on Internet Explorer, try this
    link

Let us know the outcome.

Ryan Pag, Jul 8, 2020
  3. pop-ups security alerts

Tried everything that was suggested . Still getting security alerts ( even while reading the e-mail from this issue .Also .when I tried to enter command prompt as was suggested on this .
    • Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type cd/.
    • Press Enter.
    • Type "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff.
    • Press Enter.
    • This did not go through .I forget the answer it gave ?
    • But nothing happened to change the fact I get security alerts ( in all I.E 11 , yahoo.ca.com/ my home page & Facebook ) in fact on any page I open .So annoying .I click esc, it stops and comes right back on my screen .Also tried the internet
      settings suggested on tools .Dated Aug,20.2017. Thank you .

leonormarie, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Security scam alert - continues to pop up while using internet explorer

Jsssssssss, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Security scam alert - continues to pop up while using internet explorer

1. Security scam alert - continues to pop up while using internet explorer - Similar Threads - Security scam alert

2. Plug in security request continually pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plug in security request continually pops up.: I cannot fine the source of this popup. It is not spam, So malware bytes, etc will not work. The code is apparently for a wordpress plugin. I clicked on an event and this happened. Please help. It happens every ten minutes....
  3. Plug in security request continually pops up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plug in security request continually pops up.: I cannot fine the source of this popup. It is not spam, So malware bytes, etc will not work. The code is apparently for a wordpress plugin. I clicked on an event and this happened. Please help. It happens every ten minutes....
  4. Plug in security request continually pops up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Security Alert message - is it a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Alert message - is it a scam?: Can someone tell me if this is a scam or is it real? There is audio playing, telling me to phone the number and not shutdown my computer. This is the main reason I am suspicious; secondly, the message is on my Chrome browser page, not actually from my computer; thirdly, I...
  6. Security Alert Pop Ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Security Alert Pop Ups: im running 1909 and recently had some updates since then I am getting security alerts pop up when on certain sites not sure which ones though is this usual behaviour? TIA Bart 168007
  7. a problem with a security alert popping up

a problem with a security alert popping up: I just turn on my Dell laptop Inspiron 15-3541 OS Win 10 Home 32 bit. I am on my backup laptop and backup ISP. The primary ISP is down. The Dell laptop has no internet connection but I keep getting this "Security Alert" window on the Dell. See the Dropbox link Dropbox -...
  8. "Windows Security Alert" - scam??

"Windows Security Alert" - scam??: I received an email, allegedly from MS Official Windows Support, reporting a variety of suspicious actions on my account and asking that I contact Windows Support immediately. I think it's a scam. There's an 844-486-2888 number to call. I plan to ignore it. Any feedback? -...
  9. Pop Up Scam

Pop Up Scam: Can someone help me with a possible scam I just encountered with Tectroid Solutions? They claimed to be a Microsoft IT partner. I made the mistake of giving them a picture of a check, my drivers license and address. They accessed my computer and once I bought on to the...
  10. Internet Security Alert POP-UP Scam

Internet Security Alert POP-UP Scam: I have Pcmatik but I keep getting the above listed virus. I am told I have to buy a program called ReimageRepair to fix the problem. I thought Pcmatik was supposed to take care of this? frumenti...