Windows 10: Security scan not completing

Discus and support Security scan not completing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The weekly security scan never completes. I have to use task manger to 'End task'. Monthly report say's 'no files scanned'. I've tried the turn it off... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkWilson1957, May 4, 2021.

1. Security scan not completing

The weekly security scan never completes. I have to use task manger to 'End task'. Monthly report say's 'no files scanned'. I've tried the turn it off and turn it on again and that made no difference.

:)

MarkWilson1957, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Security scan not completing [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Security scan not completing [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Security scan not completing :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2021
  4. Security scan not completing

Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Security scan not completing

1. Security scan not completing - Similar Threads - Security scan completing

2. Windows Security not able to complete scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security not able to complete scans: Windows Security, and other applications, crash the system, sometimes to a Blue Screen of Death. Event Viewer lists the following as Error:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  3. Windows Security not able to complete scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security not able to complete scans: Windows Security, and other applications, crash the system, sometimes to a Blue Screen of Death. Event Viewer lists the following as Error:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  4. Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing: Ok so earlier today I was doing windows security scans just as a precaution I do every once in a while when a weird thing happened, while the bar was relatively near the end it abruptly "completed" it. And my first thought was, "oh the loading bar must've just lagged a...
  5. quick scan never completes

quick scan never completes: I just bought hp stream windows s mode. it tries to to a recommended quick scan every time I am on the pc..the quick scan just runs and runs, never completes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-never-completes/cc82d34c-1613-442b-9554-f49ec3ebb25f
  6. Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete

Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete: How do I fix this, it just keeps spinning. I have Windows 10S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-quick-scan-will-not-complete/80a3e010-8eed-4fa1-b4df-29ff171d08af
  7. Quick scan never completes

Quick scan never completes: I have a Windows 10 S Mode and the security icon by the clock says it needs a quick scan. I started the quick scan. It has been showing a scan in progress with dots moving across the screen for sometime. I have restarted the computer but it still needs a scan. The hard...
  8. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete: Hi, I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network. Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also...
  9. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete: Hi, I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network. Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also...
  10. My McAfee security scan will not complete due to C:\Windows\System32?

My McAfee security scan will not complete due to C:\Windows\System32?: My McAfee security scan will not complete due to C:\Windows\System32? I believe part of it lost during Windows 10 upload or update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mcafee-security-scan-will-not-complete-due-to/8b3abe82-d8c0-4c45-bcd7-c8d2e4a00c0d"