Windows 10: Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

Discus and support Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steffan G, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Steffan G Win User

Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is messed up as the settings haven't transferred properly. I was trying to access my account security settings earlier and I was prompted to use a physical security key, something I haven't set up and don't have. I've also confirmed with this the last link in this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-to-your-microsoft-account-with-windows-hello-or-a-security-key-800a8c01-6b61-49f5-0660-c2159bea4d84#WindowsVersion=Windows_10&n

:)

Steffan G, Jan 10, 2023
Thema:

Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

1. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up - Similar Threads - Security settings Personal

2. Personal vault demanding a Security key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal vault demanding a Security key: Hello there,I set up my personal vault yesterday and unlocked it with a code sent to my email. Today, I am being asked to insert a security key which I don't have or when using other ways to sign in I get a code to scan to open an electronic passkey which I don't have.None of...
  3. Personal vault demanding a Security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal vault demanding a Security key: Hello there,I set up my personal vault yesterday and unlocked it with a code sent to my email. Today, I am being asked to insert a security key which I don't have or when using other ways to sign in I get a code to scan to open an electronic passkey which I don't have.None of...
  4. Personal vault demanding a Security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to unlock Personal vault with Security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock Personal vault with Security key: I have a YubiKey and it's registered with my Microsoft account. But when I go to unlock my Personal Vault in OneDrive I do not get the option to use the security key as my 2 factor authentication. Is there a way to change that setting in OneDrive?...
  6. How to unlock Personal vault with Security key

How to unlock Personal vault with Security key: I have a YubiKey and it's registered with my Microsoft account. But when I go to unlock my Personal Vault in OneDrive I do not get the option to use the security key as my 2 factor authentication. Is there a way to change that setting in OneDrive?...
  7. How to unlock Personal vault with Security key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up: Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is messed up as the settings haven't transferred properly. I was trying to access my account security settings earlier and I was...
  9. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up: Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is messed up as the settings haven't transferred properly. I was trying to access my account security settings earlier and I was...
  10. Security Key with OneDrive - Personal Vault Online - fine but ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Key with OneDrive - Personal Vault Online - fine but ...: when I r-click the OneDrive button in the taskbar and select "Unlock Personal Vault" the security key option regretfully is not offered. Can this be changed somewhere? Vainly searched in the Microsoft Account settings - maybe overlooking something. Thanks! (Windows 10 x64...