Windows 10: Security settings are grayed out in Hyper-V; Unable to change Security settings

Discus and support Security settings are grayed out in Hyper-V; Unable to change Security settings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you cannot change Security settings or the Security settings page is grayed out in Hyper-V, here are some simple solutions to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 22, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Security settings are grayed out in Hyper-V; Unable to change Security settings

Security settings are grayed out in Hyper-V; Unable to change Security settings unable-change-security-settings-grayed-out-hyper-v.jpg
    If you cannot change Security settings or the Security settings page is grayed out in Hyper-V, here are some simple solutions to get the options back. This page can show an error message saying Some settings cannot be modified because the virtual machine was in the following state when the window was opened: running. If you […]

This article Security settings are grayed out in Hyper-V; Unable to change Security settings first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 22, 2021
  2. NF1
    NF1 Win User

Hyper V Security Shield

Hello guys Am having some trouble with my Hyper V Machine I got It running but I cant get it Activate and am also trying to enable the shielded security and I just cant find any step by step online how to do that so anybody can you help?

3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 22, 2021
  4. JanisKing Win User

Security and Maintenance settings

I am unable to activate real time protection in Windows Defender. I was advised to uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection In change security and maintenance settings. The box is checked but it is grayed out so I an unable to uncheck it.

JanisKing, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Security settings are grayed out in Hyper-V; Unable to change Security settings - Similar Threads - Security settings are

2. Security settings in grayed out. Why ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security settings in grayed out. Why ?: Hello. Could you help me explain why the memory integrity and firmware protection options are grayed out and the text message in red saying that these settings are handled by the system administrator. Is there any way to change this? Thank you very much in advance for your...
  3. Security settings in grayed out. Why ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings in grayed out. Why ?: Hello. Could you help me explain why the memory integrity and firmware protection options are grayed out and the text message in red saying that these settings are handled by the system administrator. Is there any way to change this? Thank you very much in advance for your...
  4. security settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security settings: how do i reset security settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-settings/b287c97f-c63b-4d39-b7ff-ae7b696a326b
  5. Hyper-V for securing iPhone Backups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hyper-V for securing iPhone Backups: I got Windows 10 Pro, and I backup my iPhone contains to my computer using iTunes. I don't use iCloud because I do not want to buy another subscription for another service. I know about the iTunes encryption backup feature. My worry is due to human error I accidently infect...
  6. Adapter settings in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adapter settings in Hyper-V: Hello in Hyper-V Manager Action Settings, I am trying to select those settings that I need to get my Windows XP virtual computer connected to the network. From what I have read online, I need to select the Legacy Network Adapter item and click the Add button to create a...
  7. Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security": I am running Windows 10 Home. For the past several months, I have been unable to change any settings in any of the areas of the Windows Security app. Ie, I can't toggle Real-time protection on or off. It is stuck in the On position and immediately flips back on On when I...
  8. Change to security settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change to security settings: Your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings in this device. You can set up you oin again by going to settings>accounts>sign in options. But the problem is i cant past this screen to action...
  9. Change to security settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change to security settings: Brought a new acer cumputor , went through setup a niw sruck in acscreen that says; your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings in this device. You can set up you oin again by going to settings>accounts>sign in options. But the problem is i cant...
  10. One for Kari - Secure boot with HYPER-V question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    One for Kari - Secure boot with HYPER-V question: Hi there I see that although VMware and VBOX can't do it (they can use UEFI) it seems HYPER-V CAN create a level 2 (type 2) VM which can enable secure boot. I want to have a go with this on a W2012 Server HOST. Anything special needed for setting up the VM -- want to...