Windows 10: Security standard notification message when connecting to internet via WiFi

Discus and support Security standard notification message when connecting to internet via WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Asus K52J laptop running Win10 64-bit Pro 2004 and have a WiFi internet connection via a Billion W40 ADSL router. I am now getting a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Graham-127, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Security standard notification message when connecting to internet via WiFi

I have an Asus K52J laptop running Win10 64-bit Pro 2004 and have a WiFi internet connection via a Billion W40 ADSL router.

I am now getting a notification message when connecting to the internet "This WiFi network uses an older security standard that is being phased out. We recommend connecting to a different network". Clicking on "learn more" suggests changing the security type or, failing that, upgrading the router. I do not have an alternative network available.

I have spoken to my ISP who has informed me that my current security type setting is fine and also that there is no need to upgrade my router.

Is the Win10? message erroneous or misleading and, if so, how do I get rid of it? If Otherwise, what should I do to solve the issue?

:)

Graham-127, Oct 12, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Wireless connection available but says "No internet, secured"

What if there's no - Wireless lan listed? Everything else is there and I tried your steps but it didn't work. Still have WiFi no internet, secured message.

SSJohnson426, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Security standard notification message when connecting to internet via WiFi

No Internet secured message.

Hi Henery,

There must be some settings that had been changed on the wireless connection properties, hence, the issue. To address this concern, we suggest checking out the steps that are found on this link:
    Windows 10 wifi error "No internet, secured" solved and see if it helps.

We're here for your feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Security standard notification message when connecting to internet via WiFi

1. Security standard notification message when connecting to internet via WiFi - Similar Threads - Security standard notification

2. Wifi connected; no internet, secured

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connected; no internet, secured: Hello,I am having issues connecting to my home wifi network.Whenever I try and connect on my laptop HP Envy x360 to my wifi, it gets stuck at no internet, secured.Other people's devices are not having any issues although oddly my iPhone is suddenly not able to connect...
  3. Wifi connected; no internet, secured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connected; no internet, secured: Hello,I am having issues connecting to my home wifi network.Whenever I try and connect on my laptop HP Envy x360 to my wifi, it gets stuck at no internet, secured.Other people's devices are not having any issues although oddly my iPhone is suddenly not able to connect...
  4. Wifi connected; no internet, secured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi secured but no internet connection?

Wifi secured but no internet connection?: The other night my internet crashed for a few seconds, it booted back up as usual, but when I tried reconnecting to my wifi, it says it’s secured but no internet. I’ve tried all the tips on the internet and got no results. Any one have any solutions for this?...
  6. Wifi secured but no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi secured but no internet connection?: The other night my internet crashed for a few seconds, it booted back up as usual, but when I tried reconnecting to my wifi, it says it’s secured but no internet. I’ve tried all the tips on the internet and got no results. Any one have any solutions for this?...
  7. Wifi secured but no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wifi Connected & Secure But No Internet

Wifi Connected & Secure But No Internet: Yesterday I came back home and was ready to message some of my pals and set up a stream, but the computer wouldn't properly connect to the internet. I managed to get it so it registers that the wifi is connected to the internet and connect to it, but when I try using anything...
  9. WIFI Connection: no internet, secured

WIFI Connection: no internet, secured: does anyone know how to fix my wifi? I can connect to it but then it says I have no wifi and the connection is secured. tried many ways like going in control panel and stuff but it didn't work....
  10. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...