Windows 10: Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4579311

Discus and support Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4579311 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed 4 updates today on my HP desktop. Now Microsoft office 365 will not open. I tried to re-install and get an error message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by etrmsub, Oct 16, 2020.

1. etrmsub Win User

Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4579311

I installed 4 updates today on my HP desktop. Now Microsoft office 365 will not open. I tried to re-install and get an error message.

:)

etrmsub, Oct 16, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Oct 16, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Security Updates for May 2007

Microsoft on Tuesday released patches for 19 security flaws as part of its monthly patch cycle. The fixes cover security holes in Windows, Office and Internet Explorer. Two of the updates are for Microsoft’s newest operating system Vista. Microsoft recommends all users to upgrade through either Automatic Updates within Windows or the Windows Update website. You can read Microsoft’s security bulletin detailing all the patches here.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4579311

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4579311 [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4579311

1. Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4579311 - Similar Threads - Security Update Microsoft

2. GDI+ Drawing Issues with Arcs From Windows Security Update Win10 KB4579311

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GDI+ Drawing Issues with Arcs From Windows Security Update Win10 KB4579311: Something within new GraphicsPathpoints,types changed causing issues drawing. We found that if the first point is a bezier curve, it fails to continue drawing. It was working in: Windows 10 Version 2004 KB4566782 Build 19041.450 It stopped working in: Windows 10...
  3. Windows Update KB4579311 will not install, no matter what I try!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update KB4579311 will not install, no matter what I try!!: Working on a Windows 10 64 bit PC. I’ve tried using Windows Updates to install this particular update, and each time it fails. I even tried downloading the manual update itself, and the update fails. I haven’t run into an issue of an update not installing like this before....
  4. How can I get update KB4579311 to install?

How can I get update KB4579311 to install?: Winver shows that my PC is running Windows 10 Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 and it is 64 based PC. Update KB 4579311 downloads but installation fails but problem is not identified. Error 0x800f0831 is mentioned, but I cannot find any solution. There is also an optional...
  5. Win 10 update problem, KB4579311

Win 10 update problem, KB4579311: I used to login as an admin on my laptop, using a PIN. AFAIK, I've never used a password. After the latest update 13 Oct , I'm only given the option to login with a password. When I try to reset the password, I'm presented with 3 security questions and I haven't the faintest...
  6. Windows Update Fails KB4579311

Windows Update Fails KB4579311: I've tried to update Win10 many times but it keeps failing. I've run the manual install and it gives me a message that the update was not installed but no reason. I've run windows update and rebooted many times. I have plenty of disk space and have run sfc, dism. I've...
  7. Security Update for Windows KB4579311 causes issues to drivers.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Update for Windows KB4579311 causes issues to drivers.: This update caused my touchpad driver to stop responding and since the update, my touchpad has become totally useless!! Also, it caused Network Driver issues on my other system....
  8. Update KB4579311 13October 2020

Update KB4579311 13October 2020: Unable to install.Error message 0x800f080@.This always happens with cumulative updates.Any help would be gratefully received.Thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb4579311-13october-2020/47d001a5-2c40-4375-a8af-bb1992f8d32b
  9. Windows 10 - Windows Update fails - KB4579311 - 0x80073701

Windows 10 - Windows Update fails - KB4579311 - 0x80073701: Hello, Windows Update fails as per above. Also cannot add Windows features: same error Have tried sfc and DISM; no errors reported. Extract from CBS.log 2020-10-16 15:00:36, Error CSI 0000015b F HRESULT_FROM_WIN32ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_MISSING...
  10. Password not accepted after KB4579311 update installed

Password not accepted after KB4579311 update installed: Hi RE: Password not accepted after KB4579311 update Computer HP ED: Win 10 Home Ver: 2004 x64 Installed: 19.06.20. OS Build: 19041.450 Password not accepted after KB4579311 update, having tried the following basics six times:- Double checked correct PW Entered PW...
Tags: