Windows 10: Security update for Secure Boot DBX

Discus and support Security update for Secure Boot DBX in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, I am writing this to know What is latest Security update for Secure Boot DBX for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Madushan Gunarathne, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Security update for Secure Boot DBX

Hello All,

I am writing this to know What is latest Security update for Secure Boot DBX for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems and Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems, and when latest update will release?

Thank you

:)

Madushan Gunarathne, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

KB4535680 Security update for Secure Boot DBX - Jan. 12

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ecure-boot-dbx

Brink, Apr 19, 2021
  3. CxA2016 Win User
    Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update (ADV 200011) does not work.

Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update (ADV 200011) does not work.

Source: Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update

The description under step 3 seems to be incorrect:

Set-SecureBootUefi -Name dbx -ContentFilePath .\content.bin -SignedFilePath .\signature.p7 -Time 2010-03-06T19:17:21Z -AppendWrite'

It also does not describe how to determine again whether the problem has been fixed. When I re-check the changes using the following CmdLet, I always get a "true" result.

[System.Text.Encoding]::ASCII.GetString((Get-SecureBootUEFI db).bytes) -match 'Microsoft Corporation UEFI CA 2011'

Is the CommandLet in step 3 only an example? Which time stamp (-Time) do I have to use?

Steps 1-2 worked correctly.

Best regards

CxA2016, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Security update for Secure Boot DBX

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Security update for Secure Boot DBX

1. Security update for Secure Boot DBX - Similar Threads - Security update Secure

2. KB4535680 Security update for Secure Boot DBX - Jan. 12

in Windows 10 News
    KB4535680 Security update for Secure Boot DBX - Jan. 12: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 Applies to This security update applies only to the following Windows versions: Windows Server 2012 x64-bit Windows Server 2012 R2 x64-bit Windows 8.1 x64-bit Windows Server 2016 x64-bit Windows Server 2019 x64-bit...
  3. Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update ADV 200011 does not work.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update ADV 200011 does not work.: Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update ADV 200011 does not work. Source: Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update The description under step 3 seems to be incorrect: Set-SecureBootUefi -Name dbx -ContentFilePath .\content.bin...
  4. Secure Boot To be Or Not

Secure Boot To be Or Not: I'm looking for opinions only. Somebody (which I trust), gave me some files that help me with a project. In the remarks of said piece, it said that I should boot from a USB stick of mine after I loaded the files on to. I did, ran the stick and the computer stop dead in it...
  5. secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    secure boot: do i need to disable secure boot before i make a clean install of windows 10, if i make a bootable usb with windows 10 media creation tool 135412
  6. Secure Boot

Secure Boot: How can I tell if Secure Boot in enabled in my Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/secure-boot/8f0a77c5-b7a4-4f17-9604-18d096900bf7"
  7. secure boot

secure boot: How do I turn off secure boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/secure-boot/20f1624d-bc65-485c-a068-fb89bf4ef320"
  8. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?: Quick question. I have Secure Boot enabled, but would it cause any issues in case I need to update the UEFI firmware? So do I need to disabled Secure Boot before updating the firmware? Thx! 103955
  9. Secure Boot

Secure Boot: Hello everyone; I have a Dell XPS-8700, now running Windows 10 after a recent installation. I also have what is called a Fixme Stick that removes viruses that happen to get past my Norton 360 anti-virus software. The issue is, it (the Fixme Stick) will not boot with...
  10. Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??

Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??: This guy writes about security issues. Windows Secure Boot: Insecure by design and mostly likely cant be fixed | Network World 59744