Windows 10: Security update pending = unable to login to User Account Control?

Discus and support Security update pending = unable to login to User Account Control? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to access a site via VPN which is fine, but when I try to upload from my local computer, I cannot see my network. I have tried to amend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaneRoberts_Cham, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Security update pending = unable to login to User Account Control?

I am trying to access a site via VPN which is fine, but when I try to upload from my local computer, I cannot see my network. I have tried to amend (with the help of chat support) by running CMD as administrator and access services to get some running but after a restart I return to the software (by launching Citrix Receiver and running the virtual Windows then Chrome app) but I am still unable to see my files and folders on my network to upload with VPN. I am wondering that if I recently (2 weeks ago) updated some security settings for my account, will this prevent me from making any amends to enable sharing (for, example by turning Network Discovery on)? Will I need to wait another two weeks before I can work? What would the outcome be if I cancelled the request to change, will this allow my old access and therefore give me the ability to turn network discovery on?

:)

JaneRoberts_Cham, Apr 1, 2019

2. Unable to Turn On User Account Control

Hi Nicky,

User Account Control (UAC) is a feature that was designed to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest
    that you follow these steps to enable the User Account Control (UAC):

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left pane, click on Change User Account Control settings.
    • The Slider should be set to the 3rd option from the bottom.
    • Click on OK button.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User

Security update pending = unable to login to User Account Control?

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Security update pending = unable to login to User Account Control?

1. Security update pending = unable to login to User Account Control? - Similar Threads - Security update pending

2. unable to make user account control changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to make user account control changes: Why am I unable to make user account settings changes? It ask for admin but I am the admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-make-user-account-control-changes/494a4373-ce2d-46cd-9bb1-47116d54ad9e
  3. unable to make user account control changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to make user account control changes: Why am I unable to make user account settings changes? It ask for admin but I am the admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-make-user-account-control-changes/494a4373-ce2d-46cd-9bb1-47116d54ad9e
  4. Unable to access user account control settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access user account control settings: greetings, i am currently using windows 11, signed in with both my personal and school email on my own personal laptop and accidentally click let organisation manage my device i had admin power previously on this laptop, i dont know what else happened but i suddenly lost all...
  5. Unable to access user account control settings

Unable to access user account control settings: greetings, i am currently using windows 11, signed in with both my personal and school email on my own personal laptop and accidentally click let organisation manage my device i had admin power previously on this laptop, i dont know what else happened but i suddenly lost all...
  6. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC: I was configuring my Users on my windows 10 laptop was about to upgrade to windows 10 and accidentally removed Admin privileges from the main account while messing around with UAC. Now without any Administrator rights, I am unable to open UAC or Command Prompt administrator...
  7. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC: I was configuring my Users on my windows 10 laptop was about to upgrade to windows 10 and accidentally removed Admin privileges from the main account while messing around with UAC. Now without any Administrator rights, I am unable to open UAC or Command Prompt administrator...
  8. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ON UNABLE MAKE ME ADMIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ON UNABLE MAKE ME ADMIN: USER ACCOUNT CONTROL OF WINDOWS IS ON, ACCIDENTALY REMOVED ALL ADMINISTRATORS AND ALL ARE NOW STANDARD USERS, WHEN TRIED TO LOGIN ASKING FINGERPRINT SECURITY AND WHEN ITS DONE SYSTEM IS SHOWING AS USER NOT VERIFIED....
  10. Problems with User Account Control, Security and Trust Center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with User Account Control, Security and Trust Center: Whenever I try to start any windows system applications such as Task Manager or Services, windows asks for UAC premission and shows publisher as Unkown and File origin hard drive on computer. All of windows store apps are not able to connect to internet and Edge shows "Site...