Windows 10: Security Updates cause my main monitor to go black for a few seconds

Discus and support Security Updates cause my main monitor to go black for a few seconds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this issue happen to me a few times now this year and every time I've had the black screen happen, I could check the windows update history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iSanghan, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Security Updates cause my main monitor to go black for a few seconds

I've had this issue happen to me a few times now this year and every time I've had the black screen happen, I could check the windows update history and always find security updates that had just then been downloaded. Does this happen to anyone else? I was thinking for a while that it might be a broken displayport cable, which I ruled out by getting another one, and it doesn't happen during "intense moments" such as playing for the pc stressful games, it always happens when I'm just on my desktop, doing close to nothing.

It's not the biggest deal in the world I suppose, but any ideas on what I can try besides a clean install?

submitted by /u/iSanghan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iSanghan, Nov 7, 2019

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Search downloads

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Security Updates cause my main monitor to go black for a few seconds

Second monitor works but is black.

Hello Oliver,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• What is your connection? Are you using a splitter? Have you tried connecting one to VGA and the other to DVI port or switch the connections?
    • How about switching the monitors around in Display settings?
    • What happen when you press Windows + P key and choose a different option?
    • Have you tried updating your
      graphic card driver
      and run the Hardware troubleshooter? (Troubleshooting> Hardware and Sound> Hardware and Devices)
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Security Updates cause my main monitor to go black for a few seconds

1. Security Updates cause my main monitor to go black for a few seconds - Similar Threads - Security Updates cause

2. monitor goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor goes black for a few seconds.: So I have two monitors. The second one always gets detected as no1 when plugged in. It doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP.The main monitor set to 2 in the control panel is a viewsonic HDR monitor. HDMI 2.1 and Dp1.4a.This happens only in 1 game. during normal use this has never...
  3. monitor goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor goes black for a few seconds.: So I have two monitors. The second one always gets detected as no1 when plugged in. It doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP.The main monitor set to 2 in the control panel is a viewsonic HDR monitor. HDMI 2.1 and Dp1.4a.This happens only in 1 game. during normal use this has never...
  4. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...: Problem: I have a strange issue with my secondary monitor a Dell S2721Q constantly reverting to an incorrect refresh rate which causes it to display a black frame every few seconds. Like clockwork the monitor will flash a black frame or look as though it's shutting off then...
  5. Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor causes flash a black frame every few seconds also it reverts back to...: Problem: I have a strange issue with my secondary monitor a Dell S2721Q constantly reverting to an incorrect refresh rate which causes it to display a black frame every few seconds. Like clockwork the monitor will flash a black frame or look as though it's shutting off then...
  6. my second than third monitors are going black after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my second than third monitors are going black after a few seconds: Something I have changed is causing my second and third monitors to go black after some seconds Have tried checking power setting but all looks good?...
  7. Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor: As the title says, my main monitor is connected via hdmi and the secondary via DVI. Have been using both monitors for years, was working fine up until a few days ago. Computer would boot but neither neither screen came on, waited until my system auto logged on and tried...
  8. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  9. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  10. TVs go black for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TVs go black for a few seconds: I have a Windows 10 64-bit ASUS installed in a church. It's primary function is to play video. As such, I have a 24" monitor hooked up through a DVI cable, which sits at our audio/video console. Then I have HDMI out running into an HDMI to SDI converter, which runs to an SDI...