Windows 10: Security updates for February not automatically installed

Discus and support Security updates for February not automatically installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Each month Windows gets a cumulative update as well as other security updates like the .NET framework updates, Adobe Flash updates etc. automatically,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Md. Abu Sakib, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Security updates for February not automatically installed

Each month Windows gets a cumulative update as well as other security updates like the .NET framework updates, Adobe Flash updates etc. automatically, with the default update settings.

Very recently I changed some of those things so that I can have more control over them and ignore "feature" updates. What I did was:

• changed the "branch" to "Semi-Annual Channel"
    • deferred "feature" updates for 30 days
    • and quality updates, i.e. security improvements I left unchanged (0 days)

I was given to understand that I would continue receiving security updates with these settings, but my PC didn't get them this month. I had to manually click "Check for updates" to get them this morning...

So is it because of how I changed my settings? I'm a bit confused here so would be glad if anyone could shed any light...

Best regards,

Sakib

:)

Md. Abu Sakib, Feb 13, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 13, 2019
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 13, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Security updates for February not automatically installed

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Security updates for February not automatically installed :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Security updates for February not automatically installed

1. Security updates for February not automatically installed - Similar Threads - Security updates February

2. Microsoft February 2024 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft February 2024 Security Updates: February 2024 Security UpdatesThis release consists of the following 73 Microsoft CVEs:Tag CVE Base Score CVSS Vector Exploitability FAQs? Workarounds? Mitigations?Azure DevOps CVE-2024-20667Microsoft Office CVE-2024-20673Azure Stack CVE-2024-20679Windows Hyper-V...
  3. Microsoft February 2024 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft February 2024 Security Updates: February 2024 Security UpdatesThis release consists of the following 73 Microsoft CVEs:Tag CVE Base Score CVSS Vector Exploitability FAQs? Workarounds? Mitigations?Azure DevOps CVE-2024-20667Microsoft Office CVE-2024-20673Azure Stack CVE-2024-20679Windows Hyper-V...
  4. Microsoft February 2022 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft February 2022 Security Updates: February 2022 Security UpdatesUpdates this MonthThis release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles.Azure Data ExplorerKestrel Web ServerMicrosoft DynamicsMicrosoft Dynamics GPMicrosoft Edge Chromium-basedMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft Office...
  5. Microsoft February 2022 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft February 2022 Security Updates: February 2022 Security UpdatesUpdates this MonthThis release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles.Azure Data ExplorerKestrel Web ServerMicrosoft DynamicsMicrosoft Dynamics GPMicrosoft Edge Chromium-basedMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft Office...
  6. Microsoft February 2022 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft February 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft February 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes February 2020 Security Updates Release Date: February 11, 2020 The February security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) ChakraCore Internet...
  8. Microsoft February 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft February 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes February 2020 Security Updates Release Date: February 11, 2020 The February security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge Chromium-based ChakraCore Internet Explorer...
  9. Microsoft February 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft February 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes February 2019 Security Updates Release Date: February 12, 2019 The February security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office...
  10. Microsoft February 2019 Security Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft February 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes February 2019 Security Updates Release Date: February 12, 2019 The February security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office...