Windows 10: security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question

Discus and support security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently asked a question about downloading the steam software and I got a pretty solid answer but wanted to continue the discussion.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by [Syndicosis], Apr 1, 2020.

1. security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question

Hello all,

I recently asked a question about downloading the steam software and I got a pretty solid answer but wanted to continue the discussion.

Anyways here I am being more specific. Does downloading the steam software, and any of the games on its platform, with administrator rights open my computer to any security vulnerabilities? How does Microsoft keep our computers secure when we download video games that are multiple gigabytes in size?

thank you for any and all answers

:)

[Syndicosis], Apr 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 1, 2020
  3. FedoraMan Win User
    Online Game Platforms ARC & Steam Not Able to Run After Windows Update

I have not been able to boot my MMORPG online game platforms ARC and Steam after the Windows 10 anniversary update. *Mad

Anyone have a suggestions to resolve this?

FedoraMan, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Yukikaze Win User

security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: {{windowTitle}}

Yukikaze, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question

1. security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question - Similar Threads - security vulnerabilities Steam

2. Call of Duty games on steam are a security risk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Call of Duty games on steam are a security risk: Hi,Since you guys own the Call of Duty IP now, I just wanted to bring attention to the RCE found in them, especially Black Ops II which had its servers taken over.MW2, MW3, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Black Ops 1 have unpatched RCE that allow the...
  3. Call of Duty games on steam are a security risk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call of Duty games on steam are a security risk: Hi,Since you guys own the Call of Duty IP now, I just wanted to bring attention to the RCE found in them, especially Black Ops II which had its servers taken over.MW2, MW3, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Black Ops 1 have unpatched RCE that allow the...
  4. PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question: Has this been addressed? Do I still need to keep print spooler disabled? Yes or No. I've searched for a definite answer and have not been able to find one. I know there was an initial fix, but then heard that another vulnerability was discovered and that Microsoft was in...
  5. PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question

in Windows 10 Support
    PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question: Has this been addressed? Do I still need to keep print spooler disabled? Yes or No. I've searched for a definite answer and have not been able to find one. I know there was an initial fix, but then heard that another vulnerability was discovered and that Microsoft was in...
  6. Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM): ADV190024 | Microsoft Guidance for Vulnerability in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Security Advisory Published: 11/12/2019 Executive Summary This advisory addresses CVE-2019-16863. A security vulnerability exists in certain Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chipsets. The...
  7. VLC Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    VLC Security Vulnerability: ... A serious Vulnerability has been found in the current version of the VLC media player. It can allow an attacker to remotely view and alter data, as well as execute code, on affected systems. VideoLan is working on a fix to be incorporated into the next version of VLC,...
  8. Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms: On Wednesday, February 27th, we reported two 0-day vulnerabilities — previously publicly-unknown vulnerabilities — one affecting Google Chrome and another in Microsoft Windows that were being exploited together. To remediate the Chrome vulnerability (CVE-2019-5786), Google...
  9. Spectre Intel CPU Security Vulnerability Patch - Performance Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spectre Intel CPU Security Vulnerability Patch - Performance Questions: Does the Intel patch for Spectre on a 6th Gen Core i5 Desktop CPU have any distinguishable performance hit for gaming, streaming, media playback, video editing, or photo editing? I heard there's a performance hit (so I've been avoiding the patch) but on newer processors it...
  10. Online Game Platforms ARC & Steam Not Able to Run After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online Game Platforms ARC & Steam Not Able to Run After Windows Update: I have not been able to boot my MMORPG online game platforms ARC and Steam after the Windows 10 anniversary update. *Mad Anyone have a suggestions to resolve this? 65669