Windows 10: Security warnings about potential threats

Discus and support Security warnings about potential threats in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently been getting warnings about files that are part of a backup set for another device (a Windows tablet). How do I get this device... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DR Lambert, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Security warnings about potential threats

I have recently been getting warnings about files that are part of a backup set for another device (a Windows tablet). How do I get this device (desktop) to stop scanning backup set files for another device?

Security warnings about potential threats d7595936-4a3b-4bbf-8a3a-0025cef7e177?upload=true.png

:)

DR Lambert, Oct 5, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Potential Threats on pc?

Defender did a quick scan and said I had a potential threat to my pc? What does that mean and what should I do about it, does anyone have any suggestions?

RosemaryHodges, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Security warnings about potential threats

Potential Threats on pc?

[Merged]

Defender did a quick scan and said I had a potential threat to my pc? What does that mean and what should I do about it, does anyone have any suggestions?

RosemaryHodges, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Security warnings about potential threats

1. Security warnings about potential threats - Similar Threads - Security warnings potential

2. About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection: I have checked the Virus & Threat Protection and there is a thread Trojan Virus detected. and then use 'Quick Scan' to scan the computer. The 'Start Action' comes up. I press it, but it just keep looping with the Virus still here. May I ask what can I do in order to remove...
  3. About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection: I have checked the Virus & Threat Protection and there is a thread Trojan Virus detected. and then use 'Quick Scan' to scan the computer. The 'Start Action' comes up. I press it, but it just keep looping with the Virus still here. May I ask what can I do in order to remove...
  4. Potential security problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential security problem: Hello I have a concern with my windows security since it is not working. I want to do factory reset but it might wipe the license as well. How to make it work or just let windows defender be my security for my PC?...
  5. Potential security problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potential security problem: Hello I have a concern with my windows security since it is not working. I want to do factory reset but it might wipe the license as well. How to make it work or just let windows defender be my security for my PC?...
  6. Potential security problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential security problem: Hello I'm a bit concern with my windows security it is not working. I always check and try to set it up but nothing would work. I'm afraid that if I reset my PC back to factory settings I will lose license of my account. Is there a way to fix it? Or just let windows defender...
  7. [Firefox] howto disable at download 'Potential Security Risk' warning

in Browsers and Email
    [Firefox] howto disable at download 'Potential Security Risk' warning: hi there, latest Firefox update to v92.0b2 (64-bit) Win brought back the utterly annoying warning -- which is now embedded in the download window with an !-mark -- 'Potential Security Risk' when attempting to download : i choose to download, and yes, as an adult i decided to...
  8. Widows Security warning me about threats I've already allowed.

Widows Security warning me about threats I've already allowed.: Pretty-much exactly that. Not only do I add the folder and in some cases, the specific driver to the exclusions list but I also go the the current threats or recently found threats and click the drop down tab and click "allow on this device" yet it constantly warns me about...
  9. potential threat from unwanted app

potential threat from unwanted app: I am trying to install a game on my computer but when I click on the install file, a window pops up telling me that Windows Defender has detected a potentially harmful app. What does this mean and how can I get around this issue? Thanks...
  10. about computer security from threats.

about computer security from threats.: Hi, I have bought a new laptop a month ago. Now I am repeatedly shown the massage 'Windows defender found threats'. I haven't run any third party programs yet. A few days ago my pc shut down and restarted by itself in a while. How should I fix the issue.[ATTACH] someone...