Windows 10: Security warnings

Discus and support Security warnings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the 1809 update, every time I want to open a photo, which have been on my PC for ages, I get the Open file - security warning, and I have to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john3650, Dec 20, 2018.

1. john3650 Win User

Security warnings

Since the 1809 update, every time I want to open a photo, which have been on my PC for ages, I get the Open file - security warning, and I have to keep clicking the OK box before I can see photo.

How do I stop this box coming up?

Thank you

:)

john3650, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

security warning on edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which is the default home page in Microsoft Edge?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to Clear caches and cookies and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

If the issue persist I suggest you to send us the screen shot of the Security Warning message.

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...our-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 asks for the Security Warning?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As you are opening favorites from the Internet Explorer it might warn you while accessing websites.

If they are known websites, you may add those links as a trusted site and you will not get the warning.

To do so follow these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and type inetcpl.cpl
      and hit Enter.
    • Click Security Tab and click Trusted Sites.
    • Click Add and add the website that you trust.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Security warnings

Getting this security warning

Security warnings [​IMG]
    Warning That is most definitely a scam, whatever you do don't call that number, don't allow that page open pop-ups!

You said that page will open every time you open Edge. That might be because the site has added it to the list of pages that opens whenever Edge is launched. I've see this happen when user has accidentally visited a not too safe site. Check that list first, if the page is there remove it by clicking the X after the site address. See screenshot:

Security warnings [​IMG]

Thema:

Security warnings

1. Security warnings - Similar Threads - Security warnings

2. How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?: Hi,So I Bought a new laptop and while setting it up, contrary to what I always do which is use my last laptops data, tried to set it up by downloading every thing from source. so I downloaded Steam from their website and because of that I get this message every time, and...
  3. How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?: Hi,So I Bought a new laptop and while setting it up, contrary to what I always do which is use my last laptops data, tried to set it up by downloading every thing from source. so I downloaded Steam from their website and because of that I get this message every time, and...
  4. Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive: Hi experts, I'm encountering an issue with the "Open File - Security Warning" prompt on a specific drive and would appreciate your assistance in identifying the settings responsible for this behavior. When attempting to open any Excel file on my computer, files located on...
  5. Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive: Hi experts, I'm encountering an issue with the "Open File - Security Warning" prompt on a specific drive and would appreciate your assistance in identifying the settings responsible for this behavior. When attempting to open any Excel file on my computer, files located on...
  6. Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive

7. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  8. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  9. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. I got a pop up message from Windows defender security warning that my laptop has been blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a pop up message from Windows defender security warning that my laptop has been blocked: I got a pop up message from Windows defender security warning that my laptop has been blocked and asking to call a number. that number looked suspicious and when called one unproffessional asking to press some keys so that they get access to the laptop and i disconnected. But...