Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I sold my personal laptop to a buyer. I deleted my Windows identity plus other files before selling it. I now have just learned that the buyer or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jrmars, Jan 11, 2019.

1. jrmars Win User

Security

I sold my personal laptop to a buyer. I deleted my Windows identity plus other files before selling it. I now have just learned that the buyer or anyone can undelete or restore my identity within 20 days since it was deleted! My question is how can I prevent my identity for this laptop from being undeleted or restored. I had a password on my identity. Will that prevent someone from restoring my identity?

:)

jrmars, Jan 11, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jan 11, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. Ubuntu Core 18 released for secure, reliable IoT devices

in Windows 10 News
    Ubuntu Core 18 released for secure, reliable IoT devices: Canonical today published Ubuntu Core 18, bringing the popular Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to high-security embedded devices. “Dell has been working closely with Canonical over the past three years to certify Ubuntu Core on all our Edge Gateway platforms. Ubuntu Core enables our...
  3. secure variable update is locked down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    secure variable update is locked down: What are the precise steps to resolve: secure variable update is locked down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-variable-update-is-locked-down/8646dbc4-0b47-4c03-9eb9-aee5916ac24b
  4. Wifi 'No Internet - Secured'; reconnection solves issue, but happens every time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi 'No Internet - Secured'; reconnection solves issue, but happens every time: I've just upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I'm using an Edimax EW-7811 USB Wifi Dongle, which worked fine on Win7. I'm connecting to a Netgear N300 Wifi Range Extender, which also worked fine on Win7. When I boot up my computer, the internet connects via these means for...
  5. Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem: Hi Microsoft service, I need your help to fix my computer that I had struggle to find why Virus & Threat Protection is not working. I was updated Windows 10 Update. There are some changes to add new feature. Need your help to fix my computer. Regards, Spring...
  6. please walk me step by step on securing privacy for my laptop

please walk me step by step on securing privacy for my laptop: privacy issues on my pc I'm new to the world of pc. Bought this pc used There is no anti-virus software installed on this pc that I'm aware off I can not afford to purchase any anti-virus software or apps...so I new the free ones. I don't completely understand "lingo"...
  7. Windows 10 admin password recovery disk not working, can't access password security questions?

Windows 10 admin password recovery disk not working, can't access password security questions?: Lenovo T450s machine running Windows 10 Pro v. 1803. Shortly after purchasing I set up both an admin account and a user account (my kids use the machine on occasion). I configured the admin account with password security questions. I also created a password recovery file for...
  8. Apple called to say I had severe security issues and not to use my iPad until I called them.

Apple called to say I had severe security issues and not to use my iPad until I called them.: There have been attempts made by internet hijackers to get into my computer. Yesterday Apple called to say they needed to fix security issues. The technician ran a scan that showed all my IP Addresses and said someone from Nigeria hijacked my computer to get my credit card...
  9. ms security essential intermittenly stops and must be restarted on win 7

ms security essential intermittenly stops and must be restarted on win 7: what is the possible cause for this repeated activity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ms-security-essential-intermittenly-stops-and-must/44832145-616d-4147-94de-5a09ad0b9682
  10. Windows Security Breach How do I fix it?

Windows Security Breach How do I fix it?: So I suspect someone is Laos, Vietnam is using my IP address. How do I fix it? How do I prevent it from ever happening again? Here is what I did. I was on facebook. I clicked on settings and then security. It showed the windows icon and then said I was logged in, in...