Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I sold my personal laptop to a buyer. I deleted my Windows identity plus other files before selling it. I now have just learned that the buyer or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jrmars, Jan 11, 2019 at 6:52 PM.

1. jrmars Win User

Security

I sold my personal laptop to a buyer. I deleted my Windows identity plus other files before selling it. I now have just learned that the buyer or anyone can undelete or restore my identity within 20 days since it was deleted! My question is how can I prevent my identity for this laptop from being undeleted or restored. I had a password on my identity. Will that prevent someone from restoring my identity?

:)

2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. Outlook mobile meets Federal security and compliance requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook mobile meets Federal security and compliance requirements: Today, we’re announcing that the recently updated architecture for Outlook for iOS and Android meets the security and compliance needs of Office 365 US Government Community Cloud (GCC) High and Department of Defense customers. In addition to FedRAMP Moderate compliance...
  3. Project Everest: Greater heights in internet communication security

in Windows 10 News
    Project Everest: Greater heights in internet communication security: [img] Project Everest is working on a verified, secure communication stack designed to improve the security of HTTPS, a key internet safeguard. This post, about the verification tools and techniques the Everest team is using and developing, is the first in a series...
  4. Secure Credentials with Self-Signed Certificates for PowerShell Script

in Windows 10 News
    Secure Credentials with Self-Signed Certificates for PowerShell Script: Hello everyone, I’m Preston K. Parsard, specializing in Platforms, Azure Infrastructure and Automation topics, and I’d like to share some insights for securing PowerShell credentials using certificates. This post is based on a recent customer project, but we’ll also wrap a...
  5. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: Has anyone fixed the windows update message Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/8414bade-3e65-43b7-a3a0-adced0cee95c
  6. Windows Security ask for Credentials. Where I could find this credentials?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Security ask for Credentials. Where I could find this credentials?: When attempt to connect to network computer[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-ask-for-credentials-where-i-could/7a3a6748-6ed9-4310-bc1d-d8e6014abae8
  7. Windows 10 and security software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 and security software: Hi All_ I would appreciate any feedbakcs with this query. Is there a need to install a third party-security antivirus program on the windows 10? Also, I was recently required to scan and repair an external USB with the built-in windows defender but no luck so I wonder if...
  8. unknown account "S-1" in file properties/ security

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown account "S-1" in file properties/ security: Hi. an unknown account "S-1" which is unavailable on the computer except in "regedit" as shown in image is replacing registry files and even if remodifying the registry whereas immediately it takes back the registry even if removing/ denying type/ unselecting clicked choice,...
  9. unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties: Hi. an unknown account "S-1" which is unavailable on the computer except in "regedit" as shown in image is replacing registry files and even if remodifying the registry whereas immediately it takes back the registry even if removing/ denying type/ unselecting clicked choice,...
  10. How to stop daily security definition daily downloads?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop daily security definition daily downloads?: Never had an problem with windows security daily definition until I installed 1809. I still don't as long as they're space out. It when more then one is being applied when computer is turn on that problems occur. Paid the extortion fee of $99 for Windows 10 Pro and set...