Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I sold my personal laptop to a buyer. I deleted my Windows identity plus other files before selling it. I now have just learned that the buyer or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jrmars, Jan 11, 2019.

1. jrmars Win User

Security

I sold my personal laptop to a buyer. I deleted my Windows identity plus other files before selling it. I now have just learned that the buyer or anyone can undelete or restore my identity within 20 days since it was deleted! My question is how can I prevent my identity for this laptop from being undeleted or restored. I had a password on my identity. Will that prevent someone from restoring my identity?

:)

jrmars, Jan 11, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jan 11, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. Anyone who can help with the security policies issue that does not allow me to change any...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anyone who can help with the security policies issue that does not allow me to change any...: "Security policies on this PC are preventing you from changing this setting ". This is the warning i see in my system settings and so im unable to remove the lock password for my laptop...
  3. windows security

windows security: I am trying to open my software up and it keeps asking me for my credentials a username and password???? I have no clue what this is??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security/33fba7a2-8129-424b-b8a7-f3a1f1e4b195"
  4. Security Essentials Preliminary Scan Results show potential problem...then, Nothing

Security Essentials Preliminary Scan Results show potential problem...then, Nothing: The last half-dozen times I've manually run Microsoft Security Essentials, it has early on found a potential problem, causing a warning message to appear (attached). It promises I can review the info when the scan is done. When the scan finishes, no such info is available. If...
  5. Security Camera?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Security Camera?: Hey all. Not sure the correct subforum to post this. I would like a camera where i put it right on desk where i don't need to do any type of tough installation where you have to put wiring or anything like this. Im in a small studio apartment and my door is a glass door....
  6. CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors": Hey guys, Recently my laptop gone nuts, it lags at times and the final time I restarted it, it engages system repair mode. Me and my wife tried several repair methods from everywhere we can find just to recover our files from being wiped out. But now we are stuck at:...
  7. Security Camera?

in Windows 10 Support
    Security Camera?: Hey all. Not sure the correct subforum to post this. I would like a camera where i put it right on desk where i don't need to do any type of tough installation where you have to put wiring or anything like this. Im in a small studio apartment and my door is a glass door....
  8. Virus security protection with W10

Virus security protection with W10: I have a HP desktop that I bought in late December with Windows 10. The computer came with a trial version of Mcafee and the trial version expired earlier this month. While I can't be sure, I think I installed Quicken 05 and MS Office shortly thereafter I bought the computer....
  9. Virus security protection with W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Virus security protection with W10: I have a HP desktop that I bought in late December with Windows 10. The computer came with a trial version of Mcafee and the trial version expired earlier this month. While I can't be sure, I think I installed Quicken 05 and MS Office shortly thereafter I bought the computer....
  10. microsoft security client OOBE stopped due to the following error Session "Microsoft...

microsoft security client OOBE stopped due to the following error Session "Microsoft...: what is needed to be done to correct this kernel error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-client-oobe-stopped-due-to-the/84f11dbe-c941-4fc7-bc3a-7b6fea9e5db0