Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 antimalware is using all my disc space how do I stop this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by annbetes, Jun 4, 2019.

1. annbetes Win User

Security

Windows 10 antimalware is using all my disc space how do I stop this

:)

annbetes, Jun 4, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jun 4, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. [sandbox] loss of connectivity after deployment of Security baseline (FINAL) for Windows 10...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [sandbox] loss of connectivity after deployment of Security baseline (FINAL) for Windows 10...: W10 Pro x_64 v1903 b18362.175 After having deployed (as admin) Local_Script\BaselineLocalInstall.ps1 -Win10NonDomainJoined on the node and gpupdate /force, respectively rebooted the node, the sandbox's network connectivity is gone. I have been pulling me hair to figure...
  3. How to delete a local security group on Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete a local security group on Windows 10 Home?: Hello Everyone, I am trying to uninstall Microsoft SQL Server from my machine. Uninstall instructions say one must delete all local security groups for SQL Server components before uninstalling, however I cannot figure how to do this on Windows 10 Home. I have found online...
  4. Windows Security

Windows Security: Since the upgrade to Windows Version 10.0.18362.175 I noticed that the green check mark is missing from Device Performance & Health yet all items are good & no problems are shown. How do you get the green check mark back?...
  5. MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC

MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC: MS security essentials wont reinstall on my old win 7 (32bit) netbook (have tried 50692 fixit) cant install error = 0x80070643, All other SW runs fine currently using Panda anti virus, have tried disabling antivirus during attempts at insalling security essentials....
  6. Windows Defender missing "Device Security" tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender missing "Device Security" tab: I am trying to disable core isolation to run an emulator, but I cannot access the "Device Security" tab to do so in Windows Defender. I am using a 1st generation Surface Laptop. Below is a screenshot of my Windows Defender. [IMG]...
  7. security alert, the identity of the web site or integrity of this connection cannot be...

security alert, the identity of the web site or integrity of this connection cannot be...: When I boot my computer I get this security alert: security alert, the identity of the web site or integrity of this connection cannot be verified The reason for this alert is listed as: the name on the security alert is invalid or does not match the name of the...
  8. Connected to WiFi, but says no internet, secured, even tho i still have wifi on the pc

Connected to WiFi, but says no internet, secured, even tho i still have wifi on the pc: I connect to my internet, and it says no internet, secured, even though i do still have internet and can google things, i also have issues with opening programs, they just dont open. i cant even reset my pc. please help me...
  9. Can't Reach This Page Securely

Can't Reach This Page Securely: Does anyone have a definitive answer to solve this problem. I cannot login to PayPal as it says my security settings are out of date or inadequate. Also can't access a local newspaper's electronic edition. I've checked my TSL settings and versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 are...
  10. Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome: No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer Posted by Devlin Cronin, Chrome Extensions Team The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has seen incredible advancement, adoption, and growth since its launch over ten years ago. Extensions are a great way for users to...